|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Who is... edit
...a professional translator (Hebrew>English), recently retired from an in-house position at an historical museum and archives For further personal info, see User boxes on my main page (since June 2016) at w:User:Deborahjay,secondary at he:משתמשת:Deborahjay.
In other languages edit
The Babel boxes might be updated, e.g. fr-1.5 and ar-0.25 plus a familiarity with the Cyrillic alphabet and numerous European languages. I do use Google Translate with caution and find the results highly satisfactory.
Here at Wikidata edit
My goal for future activity involves adding Properties content with references, using the library of my former workplace and web searches.
Previous activity edit
- Reviewing and cleaning up items with possible vandalism identified by the PL bot (16 October 2017)
- Maintenance work at the Zulu Wikipedia (27 July 2017), assisting the Small Wiki Patrolling team in monitoring its low-level activity while cleaning up red links, missing categories, etc.
- A page I've adopted (17 January 2017) in the interwiki aspect of the "Women in Red" WikiProject: providing a label in English and statements based on the foreign-language pages
Particular sorts of polyglot Wikignome-work:
- Supplying missing Labels and Descriptions in English from Hebrew and other languages I read
- Adding Statements and Qualifiers to items in my subject matter fields of expertise (Holocaust history, Israel, literature)
- Improving Random items with "No label defined" - using available content from Statements to create a label and description
And on other projects edit
- Hebrew Wikipedia (since mid-2014) with a local group of women editors in the Western Galilee, sponsored by Wikimedia Israel
- Wikimedia Commons (since November 2014) mainly adding English-language translations for Hebrew-only material, adding DEFAULTSORT to correctly alphabetize foreign names, and sorting/categorizing images in my fields of interest and expertise
- Yoruba Wikipedia (since mid-2018), editing support for new and existing content, categorization and Wikidata links
- "Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos" (WPWP) (early 2020) on the organizing team