Neil M. Frau-Cortes, PhD, MLIS, from Washington DC.
Assistant Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services at University of Maryland (Q503415): public research university in the city of College Park in Prince George's County, Maryland.
Hebrew language cataloger. Researcher interested in Digital Humanities and Jewish Studies, particularly the Jews of the Crown of Aragon.
- Project co-lead of WikiProject University of Maryland Libraries: a WikiProject for work done at the University of Maryland Libraries (Q7895690) aimed at creating and enhancing Wikidata items with information from the UMD Special Collections and Archives and Special Collections in Performing Arts.
- Project lead of Portrait of the Kahal (mapping Jewish authors, scientists, and rabbis in the Crown of Aragon; project page coming soon).
- Participant in the WikiProject PCC Wikidata Pilot.
Some queries I build for fun
- Time line of women educated at the University of Maryland, College Park, using Histropedia visualization, color coded for city of birth
Other queries for projects I am working on
- Jews in the Crown of Aragon, timeline (placeholder only; still populating the data) Similar on Histropedia
- Jewish figures in the Crown of Aragon linked to their teachers (placeholder only; still populating the data) Link to results only
- This is part of the Portrait of the Call, a Digital Humanities project tracing medieval authors in the Crown of Aragon. The ultimate goal is to use the data for several kinds of visualizations: timeline and geography (to figure out who may have coincided with whom), relationships between student and disciple (tracing clusters such as the Kabbalist Circle of Girona or the school of the Ran), interaction between communities (like how Provencal Kabbalah arrived in Catalonia, relationship between post 1391 exiles and those who remained in land), etc. Throughout this year I started establishing a number of authorities as items on Wikidata and linking them to VIAF and to the LC authorities. At the moment, the project has some 150 authors. We have created or edited Wikidata entities for 72 of them. After finishing this I will add another ~100 physicians of the same time and location. I'll try to keep this information updated as the project advances.
- Any entities whose papers are archived at the UMD Libraries (placeholder only; still populating the data)
- Corporate names (not humans) whose papers are archived at the UMD Libraries (placeholder only; still populating the data)
- This is part of WikiProject University of Maryland Libraries, a series of linked data projects dealing with authority control for collections archived at Special Collections and University Archives, and Special Collections in the Performing Arts of the University of Maryland. For more information, visit our project page.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|