Joined 10 November 2012
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
- Random things that could be improved: (please feel free to update any links that have gone bad due to archiving etc.)
- Common name items for Humans and certain other species. It makes sense to describe a human as instance of Human, but not as an instance of the "common name of Human", human (Q5). Discussed at Talk:Q5#Discussion on human (Q5) vs Homo sapiens (Q15978631)
- A way of handing things that have been dissolved and refounded. Discussed at Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2018/04#Refound_date.
- Commons sitelinks: when there's an item without a corresponding category item, but Commons has both a category and gallery, the category should get the sitelink, since categories are more important than galleries on Commons. For example, c:Category:Cordulegaster boltonii can't be sitelinked because the gallery is sitelinked.
- Items for mobile phone models like Samsung Galaxy S4 (Q5812783) need to be a subclass of something, probably smartphone (Q22645) or mobile phone (Q17517), since they are classes where individual phones are the instances.
- Where can all the "model variants" of a phone model like Samsung Galaxy S4 (Q5812783) be listed? See c:Category:Taken with Samsung Galaxy S4 for a list, possibly incomplete.
- EXIF make (P2010) and Exif model (P2009): In some cases, regular expressions would be needed to describe the possible model ids.
- Wikidata:List of properties/Terms needs to be split due to instances of "Lua error: too many expensive function calls" near the end.
- What is self (Q1436654)? Is it a list item for self (Q3236990), or just a permanently duplicated item? Compare the enwiki articles.
- A lot of the items for entries in nl:Categorie:Wereldkampioenschap dammen and nl:Categorie:Nederlands kampioenschap dammen could use some work, plus the women's competitions.
- Confusion between governments and territories. Sometimes one item serves for both, e.g., Porirua (Q1015773), but then a similar city has separate items Wellington City (Q47037646) and Wellington City Council (Q601800). While separate items may make sense, since a territory is different to a government, a lot of properties are duplicated on both. A government is an organisation, while a territory is an area of land that will have various things on it.
- Usage of sports club (Q847017) vs sports team (Q12973014) is thoroughly confused.
- List articles: sometimes it's not very clear if a particular article in a Wikipedia is a list or not. Is there a definition anywhere?
- Set recipients for awards: Cuthbert Peek Award (Q56016343), Eureka Prizes (Q5411214), Göran Gustafsson Prize (Q3376522), Davida Teller Award (Q56568737), Troland Research Awards (Q7845154), Ernest Guenther Award (Q1256023), Charles F. Prentice Medal (Q57193500), Frederic Ives Medal (Q1452721), Verriest Medal (Q57256580), Howard Crosby Warren Medal (Q18402723), President's Medal (Q39089691)
- field of work (P101) can't be used on awards like C.L. de Carvalho-Heineken Prize for Cognitive Science (Q278240).
- short story collection (Q1279564) is often used with genre (P136). Questionable and violates a constraint.
- artefact (Q3619132) seems to be a conflation, its items can be moved and the item deleted.
- usage of platform (P400) and operating system (P306). Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2018/06#relation_between_platform_(P400)_and_operating_system_(P306)
- Are work (Q386724) and artificial entity (Q16686448) the same thing? Is the English description on work (Q386724) consistent with other languages and usage in Wikipedias?
- Commons categories for architectural structures often don't map properly to category items. Commons categories are named like c:Category:Structures in the Netherlands which corresponds to en:Category:Buildings and structures in the Netherlands.
- Category items for "structures and buildings" are often linked via category combines topics (P971) to building (Q41176) instead of architectural structure (Q811979).
- Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources (Q6865745) has office holders who actually had different titles, and were heads of organisations with separate items in Wikidata.
- There are thousands of articles published by Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde (Q1891153)  where the title has been set to an English translation from PubMed, but should be in the original Dutch. That should also be the Dutch label. It'd also be nice to have the URL of the article at https://www.ntvg.nl/ (since there are no DOIs), and set language of work or name (P407) to Dutch.