- physics, edu, tech
- Wikipedia, WMF, DPLA, MIT, UL
- n. United States (New York)
- r. United States (Massachusetts)
- home projects: meta
- occasional contributor to: commons, wikisource, wp:de en es sw, wmf, mania
- 2021: Wikidata:WikiProject COVID-19
- 2023: Working on source reliability, funded in part by a grant from NYU.
- Notes on potential imports!
- Dataset import/cross-linking hubs
- DNB + Europeana: 1k institutions. How to act as a data import hub? We have lots of CSV tables, JakobV's Cokoder tool;
- Remembering ALih (2y ago) talking about this.
- Henry Thorsten - Stanford - LD4P, on how to use OpenRefine to import datasets
- SPARQL: db tools w/o fixed schemas are freeing. Good to work w/ people who know nothing about [dbs, dbpedia]
- Worst people to train are dbpedia experts? used to a very different approach...
- WikiCite devs: much of this work is individual contributors: setting up a pipeline so you can make refs in WP easily hooked into WD items, multilingually &c.
- Talk with ESievers, Liam, others.
- GLAM institution estimates: 130k on WD. 3M+ total? most school libraries...
- Integrationg ORefine into WD workflow
- allow linking directly to the OR .tar outputs. [fix Commons]
- or OR --> Commons Data Table --> back? or explicit plugin that supposrts this via GDrive/IPFS
- Making ORefine a service: can be run on a server, interact via API...
- G! is resource-consuming; dropped authentication piece on release; needs to be readded.
- Finishing the FB import
- Datatypes and property-request categories
- Expanding articles to include affiliation + email, noting other needed properties
- Wikidata Subsetting (doc)
- Naming subgraphs
- tabular data
- fusion of graphs from different source contexts.
- Identifiers, pretty and permanent.
- Human-curated subtitles or alt titles are essential: as redirects, aliases, indicators. --> OSP discussion
- /Open Syllabus Project alignment
- Wikibase for OSP data: syllabus itself, citation graph, ?
- Wikibase ACLs? How do private wikibases work?
- Start with 1M fully-open syllabi!
GLAMping: hoping for a summer gathering in the US