|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Who am I and why am I a WikiData editor?Edit
Who am I? I am a retired U.S. Army Soldier with an interest in the earth sciences, but my education is in the social sciences. I don't have access to research libraries, but like to think I'm pretty savvy about getting around on the web. Why am I here? I think I can contribute to knowledge somehow by generating items for published articles and adding their works cited. I am not sure it will ever contribute to knowledge.
What is my current focus here on WikiData?Edit
I am currently creating scholarly article items, mostly so I can add works cited for geoscience articles. I really want to create items for articles that are not discoverable with simple text searches, but are cited by other earth science publications, e.g. Journal of Research of the U.S. Geological Survey (Q93131341). I hope generating those items and linking to their works cited might help someone doing future research, but I don't know. I'm pretty haphazard in my efforts, but I am trying to figure out how to be more consistent and effective in my work here.
I use SourceMD, Author Disambiguator, Scholia, WikiData Query Service.
What I wish I understoodEdit
- How can I improve how I use ADS Bibcode to contribute works cited to items?
- How I can convey what I do here in WikiData to Wikipedia articles? I add references to existing articles, usually using Cite Q.
- How might adding links to retractions and errata/corrigenda contribute knowledge or correct mistaken understandings in light of retractions/corrections to the works upon which earlier knowledge was based.?
Note to selfEdit
- Find errata not having the original article set as topic
- Find items with label strings matching the erratum's title
- Erratum where title starts - Erratum:
- Erratum where title starts - Erratum to:
- Erratum where title starts - Corrigendum:
- Erratum where title starts - Corrigendum to:
- Erratum where title starts - Erratum: Corrigendum:
- Erratum where title starts - Erratum: correction:
- Corrigendum to: (1 of 2)
- Corrigendum to: (2 of 2)
- Corrigendum: (1 of 2)
- Corrigendum: (2 of 2)
- Erratum to: (1 of 2)
- Erratum to: (2 of 2)
- Erratum: (1 of 2)
- Erratum: (2 of 2)
- Curate Geology
- Repair DOI link Done
- Curate AAPG Bulletin
- Curate Journal of the Geological Society
- Curate Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America
- Curate Journal of Structural Geology
- Curate National Geologic Map Database unit data
- Determine way ahead for publication data
- Understand how to record quadrangles in wikidata