Welcome to Wikidata, Dapifer!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Capitalization of german language labelsEdit
Please stop changing the capitalization of labels in german language. Almost all of your changes are wrong. Examples:
- Hello @Thomas11:, you're right, they were accidental errors. If you notice in all my last changes, I try carefully not to change the German label. It was the result of inattention and I apologize. When I can, and I edit an item, I usually change the language label in the Latin alphabet starting with a capital letter. Do you know if in addition to German, other languages have this rule of capitalization? --Dapifer (talk) 08:54, 11 February 2018 (UTC)