User talk:Galaktos/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Welcome to Wikidata, DSGalaktos!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--™ 14:48, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi DSGalaktos! Thanks for your work and help in cleaning up after vandalism. I couldn't help but notice you have a good eye for detecting and undoing/restoring good versions, so I've made you a rollbacker to assist your tasks. Although you are a trusted user, be careful when using rollback, as this right can be removed by any administrator if it's abused. Please, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, natürlich auch auf Deutsch! Otherwise, all the best and thanks again! Schöne Grüße. Jared Preston (talk) 07:55, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- @Jared Preston: Wow, thanks! Incidentally, I had been wondering how some users were able to leave more detailed “revert” messages (“reverted edits by X to last revision by Y”), while I could only get “restored revision X by Y”. Now I know!
- Does a rollback also mark the rolled-back edits as patrolled automatically? —DSGalaktos (talk) 09:17, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, if you click the [rollback] link/button on a diff then it will automatically mark your edit as patrolled. And FYI, your "ping" did not work as it wasn't added together with your message and signature in one edit. I think that may be a known bug though. Anyway, have a nice evening. Jared Preston (talk) 22:21, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- I am, thanks a lot! How did you guess? —DSGalaktos (talk) 21:29, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
- Welcome aboard! ;) How did I know? I remembered that you thanked me for this and this, and I saw you in the edit history of several Star Wars-related items. --AmaryllisGardener talk 21:34, 9 April 2015 (UTC)