Welcome to Wikidata, Ottawahitech!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
@Ottawahitech: I recommend copying this to Meta-Wiki for an unblock. NOTE: I did NOT put this in brackets because if I did it would show as a request, you can do that
unblock|I would like to be unblocked because I did not know CT301 was locked, I did not know other sources had COVID-19 stuff and I am sorry. I came here and edited in good faith, it was just a CIR issue. I am a major creator on Wikidata, this, I’d like to be unblocked with the compentence I got(insert 4 tildes). 2600:387:5:80D:0:0:0:7A 18:10, 18 April 2020 (UTC)