Welcome to Wikidata, Qgroom!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Holotype of Clerodendrum kamhyoaeEdit
Hi Qgroom, welcome to Wikidata! According to A remarkable new species of Clerodendrum L. (Lamiaceae) from Madagascar (Q55231450) the holotype (MO-6684200 sheet 1!, MO-6684201 sheet 2!, MO-6684202 sheet 3!) of Clerodendrum kamhyoae (Q55231410) is held at Meise Botanic Garden (Q3052500). But using the search I can't find it. Any idea why? BTW: Good to know that the collection recently was published as a DwcA. Regards --Succu (talk) 19:09, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
- I can't see how you're making this link, but the MO in the numbers means the types are at Missouri Botanical Garden (Q1852803). You can see one here http://www.tropicos.org/Image/100499102. It doesn't help that the paper muddles up Missouri barcode formats and Missouri accession numbers. However, they can perhaps be forgiven, because Missouri seem fairly muddled on which is which. How are you making the link with Meise Botanic Garden (Q3052500)? Qgroom (talk) 13:39, 29 June 2018 (UTC)