|The Wikidata Barnstar|
|Thanks for signing up and contributing to the Wikidata One million Malayalam label-a-thon campaign that ended on 29th Oct 2021. You're one of the top ten contributors to the One million Malayalam campaign. Keep up the good work.-❙❚❚❙❙ GnOeee ❚❙❚❙❙ ✉ 08:03, 1 November 2021 (UTC)|
One million Malayalam label-a-thon
[WMF Board of Trustees - Call for feedback: Community Board seats] Meetings with the Wikidata community
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. This call for feedback is to see what processes can we all collaboratively design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?
In this regard, two rounds of feedback meetings are being hosted to collect feedback from the Wikidata community. Two rounds are being hosted with the same agenda, to accomodate people from various time zones across the globe. We will be discussing ideas proposed by the Board and the community to address the above mentioned problems. Please sign-up according to whatever is most comfortable to you. You are welcome to participate in both as well!
- Round 1 - Feb 24, 4:00 pm UTC
- Round 2 - Mar 3, 4:00 am UTC
- Sign-up and meeting details: Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Conversations/Wikidata
Also, please share this with other volunteers who might be interested in this. Let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), 14:33, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
WikiProject India Newsletter #6
Happy New Year 2021!
You are receiving this message as you are one of the participants of WikiProject India on Wikidata and/or a subscriber of the Wikidata India newsletter. You can find our sixth issue of the quarterly newsletter here, where you can get a quick overview of the Wikidata activities related to India over the last 3 months. If you do not want to receive this kind of notification further, you can remove your username from here.
Merging of family names
I just added a Malyalam description on that item. I hadn't merged anything. Can you please check again. I think there must be some problem.
Ahh, sorry :-)) That is another guy..
India-specific properties datathon
As part of Wikidata's 8th birthday celebration a 5 days long India-specific properties datathon from 25 October 2020, 00:00 to 29 October 2020, 23:59 (both times Indian Standard Time) being organised to improve India-specific properties and celebrate Wikidata's Birthday by contributing to the free open data movement. Currently there are 76 India-specific properties available in Wikidata. The primary objective of this datathon is to add / improve the usage of Wikidata Properties related to India in Wikidata.
You are receiving this message as you are one of the participants of WikiProject India on Wikidata. If you do not want to receive this kind of notification further, you can remove your username from here.
WikiProject India Newsletter #5
You are receiving this message as you are one of the participants of WikiProject India on Wikidata and/or a subscriber of the Wikidata India newsletter. You can find our fifth issue of the quarterly newsletter here, where you can get a quick overview of the Wikidata activities related to India over the last 3 months. If you do not want to receive this kind of notification further, you can remove your username from here.
Wikidata 8th birthday events in India
I am happy to inform you that we are organizing a series of events on the occasion of the 8th birthday of Wikidata on behalf of WikiProject India in the form of webinars, datathon and merchandise distribution. Details of the events can be found here.
- Webinars- 3 sessions on 3 very interesting topics will be conducted as follows. The sessions will be open for all.
- October 11 2020, 6 pm IST:- Jane023 will talk about Sum of all Paintings, describe and demonstrate the workflow on improving data about paintings on Wikidata. A data-thon on Indian paintings will follow for the next 16 days.
- October 17 2020, 7 pm IST:- DVrandecic (WMF) will be introducing the newest sister project of the Wikimedia universe, the Abstract Wikipedia and WikiLambda to the Indian community and how as a community, we need to be prepared for this upcoming exciting and ambitious project.
- October 18 2020, 7 pm IST:- Mahir256 will conduct a session on the Wikidata Lexeme. He will explain the importance of lexicographical data and demonstrate the workflow.
- Datathon - October 12 to October 28, 2020:- A 16-days long online datathon will be conducted on Indian paintings. The output of the datathon will be given as a birthday gift to Wikidata on October 29.
- Merchandise distribution- During the month of October, CIS-A2K will be sending Wikidata special merchandise to Indian affiliates and communities upon request as well as active contributors of Wikidata residing in India. Details on how to request merchandise can be found here.
The above mentioned activities are already finalised. If any of the Indian communities or affiliates are planning activities on the occasion of Wikidata's 8th birthday, please feel free to enlist them here.
Wikidata Co-ordinator, CIS-A2K
WikiProject India Newsletter #4
You are receiving this message as you are one of the participants of WikiProject India on Wikidata and/or a subscriber of the Wikidata India newsletter. You can find our fourth issue of the quarterly newsletter here, where you can get a quick overview of the Wikidata activities related to India over the last 3 months. If you do not want to receive this kind of notification further, you can remove your username from here.
Indian scientists datathon
Hope you and your loved ones are safe and sound during this ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation.
This is for your kind information that, from 22nd May, 2020 Friday to 24th May, 2020 Sunday, a datathon will be happening on Indian scientists on Wikidata. The lack of data about Indian scientists, their works and publications on Wikidata is the reason behind conducting the datathon. Considering the ongoing pandemic, the datathon will also focus on scientists working on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19.
The tasklist of the datathon is flexible. Participants can choose their own preferred task on this topic
Hoping for your active participation.
Take care and stay safe,