Wikidata talk:Sixth Birthday
Call for organizers and deadline for requesting goodiesEdit
If you're thinking about organizing an event for the 6th birthday, now is a good time to start gathering ideas and needs :)
As mentioned in the past, WMDE can help with providing advice on organization and communication, and can send Wikidata swag to your group before the event. If we want to get all of this ready for you before the end of October, we need some buffer time. That's why I'm proposing two things:
- A call for all organizers or people thinking about organizing a birthday celebration, will take place on August 28th. This is the opportunity to chat with me, but also people from other local groups, about your ideas, your questions, your needs.
- Date: August 28th, 18:00 to 19:00 (UTC+2, Berlin time)
- Meeting link: Google Meet (yes, it's Google. If you're deeply unhappy about this, you can write to me and we'll find another solution)
- The deadline for requesting Wikidata swag is September 7th. After this date, we can't promise that we'll be able to prepare the swag for you.
- Before this date, you can write to me listing everything you need. It can be items that we already do (T-shirts, hoodies, socks, stickers, bags, notebooks, pens...) but also other things, if you have nice ideas on what to print.
- I'll reply to you shortly and we'll discuss about the best options to get the swag: print it from our usual partners in Germany, print it locally, etc. I'll support you during the whole process.
If you have any question or idea, feel free to write to me: lea.lacroix wikimedia.de
I'm excited to hear about your plans for Wikidata's sixth birthday!
Notes from the first call and new oneEdit
Thanks to the participants to the first organizers call. You can find the notes here. The next one will take place on October 11th at 18:00 (UTC+2, Berlin time).
Reminder: please send me your swag request as soon as possible and definitely before September 7th. After this date, I can't take any request in account.
Online Edit-a-thon / Label-a-thonEdit
Can we organize a Edit-a-thon / Label-a-thon associated with birthday. May be some prize. Points to add item, add image, add article, find duplicate item and merge etc. -- Ranjithsiji (talk) 15:00, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
Item and map of all the eventsEdit
If you're still thinking about organizing an event, please create your subpage and add information into the item. If some information is incorrect, feel free to fix it.
Telegram, hashtag and next callEdit
Hello dear event organizers,
I'm so happy to see more than 30 events in the list now! It's going to be the biggest connected event about Wikidata around the world. Thank you all for your involvement.
I'm using this talk page for general information, I'll also send an email to the people who already contacted my by email in the past. There are several things I wanted to share with you:
- the next call for the organizers will be on Thursday, October 11th at 18:00 (UTC+2) on Google Meet. The previously announced date (12th) was wrong, sorry for the confusion. I hope you can still squeeze the date in your calendar. Just to make it clear, this call is not mandatory, it is made for organizers who would like to ask questions or exchange ideas with others.
- in order to support the communication among event organizers, I just created a Telegram group. Please join if you want to participate to discussions, know more about what the others are doing, or ask questions.
- the hashtag we use for everything related to the birthday is #WikidataBirthday. Feel free to post messages on social media using this hashtag. On Twitter, I can track and retweet them with the Wikidata account.
- if you didn't create a subpage about your event(s), or didn't update it for a while, don't forget to do it. This will help community members to find your event and participate.
- as you may have noticed, I update this item in order to generate this map, presenting all the events. If something is incorrect or missing, be bold!
If you have questions or ideas, feel free to use this talk page or the Telegram group to share with the other event organizers.