Welcome to Wikidata, Carn!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- I already understood from the revert of some of my merdges that Wikidata interested in the most accurate description of reality. I will seek to connect concepts in other ways, thanks. I understand that I’ve upset you and I won’t be offended by scotological vocabulary. Carn (talk) 08:59, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
Moving, deletion or edits to commments of mineEdit
Please avoid moving, deleting or editing comments of mine on talk pages. You are free to quote, obviously. --- Jura 12:26, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
- Please answer in the place where you were asked the question, then I will not have to move anything. You removed the link to the location where I asked the question. Thus, the coherence of the discussion was lost. I have recovered the text I deleted (I used the wrong tool to get the link back). Nevertheless, for some reason you duplicated it again.
- This is not about any one city, but about whether these properties with the value "no value" are needed or not. I'd rather wait for an answer for that on your talk page (although it has a confusing top by the way). Carn (talk) 12:52, 27 April 2021 (UTC)
- Seems the talk page issue is solved now. If it's a general question to you, it's probably better discussed elsewhere than on a user's talk page. I don't have anything to add at this point. --- Jura 13:12, 27 April 2021 (UTC)