Welcome to Wikidata, Gestumblindi!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
I noticed that you have merged Q15725786 with Q15725783 and then did an near indentical recreation of the former item at Q20642807. Is there a reason for this ? --Snaevar (talk) 13:19, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- Snaevar: Well, there was a bit of a mixup of two songs with a similar title, is:Krummavísa, also known as Krummi krunkar úti, and is:Krummi svaf í klettagjá, also known as Krummavísur. Now, a German Wikipedia user created the German Wikipedia article de:Krummavísur (Krummi svaf í klettagjá), but it was wrongly linked with is:Krummavísa through Q15725786. When I now look at what I did, I'm not sure why I proceeded that way... you are right, we already had two distinct Wikidata items for Krummavísa and Krummavísur, so I could simply have fixed it using these. Sorry for the muddling ;-) Gestumblindi (talk) 17:17, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
- Sarvathi Thanks for the suggestion - not right now, but I will try :-) (it seems that the English article has also some room for improvement). Gestumblindi (talk) 19:08, 29 April 2018 (UTC)