User talk:Liridon/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Welcome to Wikidata, Liridon!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Could you help with this project m:Grants_talk:Project/Rapid/Open_Labs_Hackerspace_-_Wiki_Loves_Maps_(Albania)? I think it needs some wikidata expertise.--Alexmar983 (talk) 14:31, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi @Alexmar983:, Im familiar with this project, I've generated the list of articles with missing geo-location info. What kind of help project needs on Wikidata?--Liridon (talk) 14:54, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- I would say, introduce the grantee to wikidata. Use the local events to show wikidata to sq users. So they add location coordinates to wikidata, I suppose it is better instead of adding them to local templates, and than import them to wikidata; improve "geo-information of articles about Albania in other languages" in Italian is possible only through wikidata.
- Also, I can suggest some tools for image harvesting. We have wikishootme, I have another tool that would be completed by the end of the month. they can also learn to add P18. I am just saying, it is worth the money of WMF if they also taech wikidata to local users, right? Again, I don't want to intrude in local business, just wanted to help.--Alexmar983 (talk) 15:04, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Alexmar983: Thanks for helping. I have used WikiShootMe is very useful tool. I know grantee team, but unfortunately I can not participate physically in their meetings/workshops, and I know that they have in group very experienced Wikimedians that can teach them how to contribute to Wikidata. I'll contact with them, also see if any of active users want to help in this project.--Liridon (talk) 20:33, 10 August 2016 (UTC)