Welcome to Wikidata, Sanglahi86!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Official name in English for the PhilippinesEdit
I just saw this edit Special:Diff/387514575 and then I saw that is the case for many municipalities (1488 according to this SPARQL query). I'm surprised. Is really the official name for this place in English? And is there a reference for that?
- Hello. Most of these cities and municipalities (as well as provinces) have "official names" in both English and/or Filipino (as these are both official languages in the Philippines). Most prepend the division type to the actual name like "Municipality of Aborlan" and "Bayan ng Aborlan" (the same is for cities like "City of Santiago", with few exemptions like "Quezon City"). These official names are usually found in the official seals like this. I admit that back then during that mass edit, I did not use an explicit reference. I have no objections if it would be safer to delete all those unreferenced official names. Sanglahi86 (talk) 22:13, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the explanation. I don't think we need to delete the name, but maybe if there is a database with references then we can add them easily. My main concern was an confusion betwen "name" and "official name", but the seal you provided seems to indicate this is indeed "official".
- Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 15:34, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
Point in time (P585) for the 2015 PH census is 1 August 2015, not 15 August 2015Edit
Hi! I noticed that you used a QuickStatements batch job to add the 2015 population of PH municipalities. Unfortunately, you used an incorrect point in time of 15 August 2015 (example diff), but the census is as of 1 August 2015 per the PSA: . The problem is, QuickStatements cannot modify qualifiers on statements so we need another tool to be able to correct this. —seav (talk) 18:24, 1 February 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for pointing this out. Yes, I am sorry for overlooking this crucial detail back then. Unfortunately, I currently have limited access to the internet (or speed is very slow) and do not have enough time as of now due to other personal "projects". Also, being away for several months/years from Wikidata, I will have to re-learn its complexities. Please feel free to do the needed fixes. Thank you. - Sanglahi86 (talk) 01:50, 4 February 2019 (UTC)