Welcome to Wikidata, Wargo!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Software version P348 documentationEdit
Hi ! If you have time, it would be great if you could proofread the documentation of software version identifier (P348) at https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Informatics/Software#software_version_.28P348.29 . Thanks :-) Dachary (talk) 16:32, 24 July 2016 (UTC)
When you merge items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It helps with merging, gives the option to always keep the lower number (which is older, so preferable in most cases) and removes the need to file a request on Wikidata:Requests for deletions.
With regards,- cycŋ - (talk • contribs • logs) 16:10, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Cycn: If you mean my request for deletion of Q28922033, there is nothing to merge. --Wargo (talk) 16:12, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- There's nothing to delete, we now redirect such items to the remaining one and merging has this effect. If you merge an empty item you create a redirect to the one you're merging it into, even if you don't add anything to the latter item by doing so. - cycŋ - (talk • contribs • logs) 16:14, 10 March 2017 (UTC)