Wikidata's data model for philosophy and all things philosophical is an ontology for philosophy. It will not have gone unnoticed by the reader that the subject matter of philosophy, that is to say the claims that philosophers make about the things and stuff in the universe, is rife with division, discord, disagreement, you name it.
The aim of the WikiProject Philosophy is to ensure that claims made about philosophy as a whole (meta-philosophical claims), claims made about branches of philosophy – its subject matter, forms of expression, and methods, are supported by philosophical literature.
Info You can use AutoEdit tool to add quickly label and description on WikiProject Philosophy in many languages.
- hypothesis (Q41719) : proposed explanation for an observation, phenomenon, or scientific problem
- scientific hypothesis (Q3144351) : idea that proposes a tentative explanation about a phenomenon or a narrow set of phenomena observed in the natural world (primary features of a scientific hypothesis: falsifiability, testability)
- research hypothesis (Q108737860) : set of testable assumptions linking an observation with an explanation
- testable hypothesis (Q108737882) : hypothesis whose assumptions can be tested
- hypothesis generation (Q110910415) : process
- hypothesis testing (Q110783625) : approach to assess whether a hypothesis is valid in a given context
- hypothesis confirmation (Q110910536) : possible outcome of hypothesis testing
- hypothesis elimination (Q110910674) : possible outcome of hypothesis testing
The participants listed below can be notified using the following template in discussions: