Welcome to Wikidata, AndreasPraefcke!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Just so you knowEdit
When you merge two items (thanks for catching that, of course), it's helpful if you request the deletion of the empty one at WD:RFD. I recommend enabling deletionRequest in your Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets. No worries, though, and if you have any further questions, feel free to drop me a line at my talk page, or to stop by at Wikidata:Project Chat. — PinkAmpers&(Je vous invite à me parler) 22:26, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
- I wanted to look that up, but couldn't find it immediately. Thanks. --AndreasPraefcke (talk) 16:38, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
Hi AndreasPraefcke, I see you're creating missing humans. Great! Maybe you can add instance of -> human to the new items you create? Makes them easier to find and expand. Thank you, Multichill (talk) 14:25, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
The Wikidata interface is such a pain in the *** that I tend to be as sparse as possible. There should be a bot that quickly adds "human" and the gender to all those new items. (E. g.: of course someone who has a "profession" is human.) --AndreasPraefcke (talk) 14:27, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
CREATE LAST P31 Q5 LAST P21 Q6581097 LAST Len ""
- Q5 is somewhat important .. once it's there, it's more likely that users add everything else.
- An easy way to start it to add the above into Quickstatements (with the name in "").
--- Jura 14:38, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
It's only three or four, so: no, not really... I guess one could delete the few non-building references (and add P973 for that), but then they are really not harmful for anything that can be done by queries. --AndreasPraefcke (talk) 11:47, 28 September 2018 (UTC)