Welcome to Wikidata, Fæ!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Use of "instance of"Edit
- Does this mean that we should have more relevant instance labels, like LGBT historical places, or LGBT historical events, which then may be instances of LGBT history? Similarly we may need LGBT events, like pride marches. --Fæ (talk) 07:37, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
Could you provide a source for James N. Davidson (Q1580469)'s sexuality? I've tried to find something, but I couldn't find any results. The property requires a source. Sjoerd de Bruin (talk) 09:44, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
@Fæ: Hi Fæ, I'm writing to you here because your talk page on commons is protected. It's about a file uploaded by you, File:Kirche in Codogne in Venetien 17.5.18. (BildID 15618419).jpg, which as you can see was moved by a user named Arbalete. This user is an Italian permanently blocked vandal who managed to become filemover on commons and lately started moving compulsively lots of files, containing Italian names with correct acute accents, to a spelling with uncorrect grave accent, among which yours. Could you move back this file of yours? In case you would, could you do the same for a dozen of other files I'll tell you? Let me know, please. Thank you! 2A01:7C8:AAAE:2B3:5955:B51B:DE78:6B0D 11:22, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
When you (want to) merge items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It helps with merging and removes the need to file a request on Wikidata:Requests for deletions.
With regards,- сyсn - (talk • contribs • logs) 09:57, 9 April 2019 (UTC)