Hi, I created a new page where I started collecting sites that could be added to Mix'n'match and I plan to expand it with the ones that already have scrapers by category. Feel free to use, expand. Best, --~~~~
Return to the user page of "JakobVoss".
Reply to "New page for catalogues"
Reply to "Structured Data - blogs posted in Wikimedia Space"
Reply to "Reminder: Community Insights Survey"
Reply to "Community Insights Survey"
Reply to "Irish Grid Reference - Authority Control"
Reply to "Structured Data - file captions coming this week (January 2019)"
Reply to "Captions in January"
Reply to "Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Fall 2018 edition"
Reply to "Alexander Ecker"
Reply to "sí?"
New page for catalogues
Structured Data - blogs posted in Wikimedia Space
- Working with Structured Data on Commons: A Status Report, by Lucas Werkmeister, discusses some ways that editors can work with structured data. Topics include tools that have been written or modified for structured data, in addition to future plans for tools and querying services.
- Structured Data on Commons - A Blog Series, written by me, is a five-part posting that covers the basics of the software and features that were built to make structured data happen. The series is meant to be friendly to those who may have some knowledge of Commons, but may not know much about the structured data project.
Reminder: Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 19:51, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Community Insights Survey
RMaung (WMF) 16:25, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Irish Grid Reference - Authority Control
I noticed that you added Wikidata property for authority control for places (Q19829908) to Irish Grid Reference (P4091) (albeit that was 2 years ago). I believe this may be incorrect and want to check whether you agree that it should be removed?
See OS grid reference (P613) which is a similar property.
Thanks for asking and correction! If the properties don't link to an entity but to a place where multiple items are located, my classification is wrong indeed!
No problem, I've now removed the statement.
Structured Data - file captions coming this week (January 2019)
My apologies if this is a duplicate message for you, it is being sent to multiple lists which you may be signed up for.
Hi all, following up on last month's announcement...
Multilingual file captions will be released this week, on either Wednesday, 9 January or Thursday, 10 January 2019. Captions are a feature to add short, translatable descriptions to files. Here's some links you might want to look follow before the release, if you haven't already:
- Read over the help page for using captions - I wrote the page on mediawiki.org because captions are available for any MediaWiki user, feel free to host/modify a copy of the page here on Commons.
- Test out using captions on Beta Commons.
- Leave feedback about the test on the captions test talk page, if you have anything you'd like to say prior to release.
Additionally, there will be an IRC office hour on Thursday, 10 January with the Structured Data team to talk about file captions, as well as anything else the community may be interested in. Date/time conversion, as well as a link to join, are on Meta.Thanks for your time, I look forward to seeing those who can make it to the IRC office hour on Thursday. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:09, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
Captions in January
Structured Data on Commons Newsletter - Fall 2018 edition
Welcome to the newsletter for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons! You can update your subscription to the newsletter. Do inform others who you think will want to be involved in the project!
- Community updates
- Multilingual Captions, the first feature release for Structured Data, is coming in January of 2019
- Be on the lookout for the beta testing announcement
- Help using captions has been set up, if you'd like to go ahead and see the workflow
- Two IRC office hours were held since the last newsletter
- Our dedicated IRC channel: wikimedia-commons-sd webchat
- Help determine and propose properties on Wikidata for Commons
- Review designs for structured licensing and copyright
- Join the community focus group!
Since the last newsletter:
- Review a prototype for searching structured Commons (October 2018)
- "Good coverage" for depicts tagging (Sept. 2018)
- Review and discuss mockups for displaying the new metadata section of the file page (18 September - 9 October 2018)
- Depicts statements draft requirements (14 August - 31 August 2018)
- Identify Wikidata properties that Commons will need (26 June - 14 August 2018)
- Presentation by Keegan on the first features to be released for Structured Data, presented at Wikiconference North America, Columbus, Ohio, October 2018.
- Sandra presented a project update at the GLAM-Wiki conference in Tel Aviv, Israel, November 2018, as part of an update and panel discussion.
- Structured Data on Commons was the subject of a keynote presentation by Sandra (see slides) at the Baltic Audiovisual Archives Council conference in Tallinn, Estonia, November 2018.
- Partners and allies
- The info portal on Structured Commons now includes a section on GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums).
- We are currently planning the first GLAM pilot projects that will use structured data on Wikimedia Commons. One project has already started: the Swedish Heritage Board researches and develops a prototype tool to provide improved metadata (translations, data additions...) from Wikimedia Commons back to the source institution. Read the project brief.
- The documentation for batch uploads of files to Wikimedia Commons will be improved in 2019, as part of preparing for Structured Data on Wikimedia Commons. To prepare, the GLAM team at the Wikimedia Foundation wants to understand better which types of documentation you already use, and how you like to learn new GLAM-Wiki skills and knowledge. Fill in a short survey to provide input!
- Stay up to date!
- Follow the Structured Data on Commons project on Phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/profile/34/
- Subscribe to this newsletter to receive it on a talk page of your own choice.
Message sent by MediaWiki message delivery - 17:58, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
Hallo Jakob, wer ist Q58230380? Die einzige Eigenschaft, außer, dass er ein Mensch ist, lautet Zugehörigkeit zu Uni Tübingen. Hat er dort studiert (besuchte Bildungseinrichtung) oder ist oder war das sein Arbeitgeber? Weder hat das Objekt eine Quellenangaben, noch verlinkt ein anderes Objekt darauf. Gruß
Danke, ich habe einige Identifier ergänzt!
I'm not sure what would be the best but I see that 379 lexemes are using described by source (P1343) for more or less the same thing.
Thank you for changing it.
We have a great quantity of lexemes and now that we have query too, I'd like to improve the quality too ;)