feedback welcome, i'm not evil.
Hi Jörn. Your altLabels script is a very handy tiny little tool. Thank you very much for providing it. However, it does incorrectly replace several characters by their HTML entities, e.g. "&" to "&" (e.g. here). Would be nice if that could be fixed. --YMS (talk) 11:04, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
Altlabel seems to be broken...Edit
Hi, I'm a big user of your altlabel tool, especially for human names...
It worked fine, until a few days ago... could you please check what happened, or is it a compatibilité problem with another tool ?
- should be fixed... the use of $.toJSON was deprecated and dropped recently, switched to JSON.stringify Joern (talk) 16:13, 18 September 2014 (UTC)
- down again… new update of GUI, new disparition of your script… sorry for annoying you :(--Hsarrazin (talk) 20:43, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
- should be fixed again, the new gui uses a new structure for the input box, so just had to upgrade the query pattern... Joern (talk) 15:57, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
- one more thing, not sure if you know this page: http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-terminator/?list&lang=en&mode=t1000 it lists the top items without a label in the given language... quite handy ;)
- down again… new update of GUI, new disparition of your script… sorry for annoying you :(
AltLabels not workingEdit
Altlabel not working when there is English fallbackEdit
I'm a very thorough user of your handy tool Altlabel, and my main language is French.
Unfortunately, since fallback labels have been introduced (some weeks ago), the tool does not work when there is English fallback, which means that for all enwiki articles, I need to add the label manually in french :( —— that is approx. half the Q5 items I work on.
Could you please modify it, so that it works again from English, please ?
- Hello, still not working when there is fallback on english. Could you please modify so that it ignores fallback ? --Hsarrazin (talk) 07:48, 25 May 2017 (UTC)