Welcome to Wikidata, Mattsenate!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Thank you for the heads-up on Wikidata:WikiProject Source MetaData. Daniel Kinzler suggested I write a summary of what people might want by way of a source metadata stored on Wikidata, his main interest being in how big it might get, how fast, and who might use and maintain it. Would you mind if I wrote a first hack at it in the space of Wikidata:WikiProject Source MetaData? Or is there a more appropriate space? HLHJ (talk) 09:44, 11 August 2014 (UTC)