Welcome to Wikidata, Olivier LPB!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Best regards! Cycn
Hallo Olivier LPB,
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
Revert on Q450675 (Pope Francis)Edit
I appreciate English is not your first language but I am struggling to understand why you reverted my edit. we haven't have to do some disambiguation on wikidata, just resume is necessary.
Speaking as someone who uses the Wikidata label in other applications, using just Francis is not helpful. I know there are aliases, but the quick way to display a name is to use the label. Therefore the label should be meaningful with a full name ie Pope Francis. Even Jorge Mario Bergoglio would be better! Periglio (talk) 23:31, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
- I totally disagree, in fact to indicate Pope Francis is like to put President Barack Obama, on wikidata we can use a same title of label for two label, we have just to change the description to compare the twice, so no text in the title to do some disambiguation. To just put : Francis, allow a utilisation of the label for other label, for example, on the page of Benoît WVI we can indicate his fonction: pope and put the successor : Francis, so if you put in english language Pope Francis you have a repetition of pope. Olivier LPB (talk) 18:56, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
Category:Bishops of Versailles (Q8302085) is not a function, bishop (Q29182) isEdit
Please check that Category:Bishops of Versailles (Q8302085) does not qualify as a value for position held (P39) since it's in fact a Wikimedia category (Q4167836) (see for example here). There are more than 18,000 items with bishop (Q29182) and their likes as position held (P39) but only 13 on the whole wikidata with fantasy functions as yours (almost all edited by you...). It seems from the above comment that you have some familiarity with the item for pope Francis, so maybe you can go there and look at his functions to learn how things work with the diocese (P708) qualifier. Nono314 (talk) 07:30, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
Question sur Wikidata:BistroEdit
François de MazièresEdit
Bonjour. À propos de votre remarque sur François de Mazières (Q3086255) : « Just read the french wikipedia... » ; c'est ce que j'ai fait, mais ni le prénom Paul (hormis pour Jean-Paul Huchon), ni le prénom Juvenal ne sont présents dans l'article de la Wikipédia en français. Merci pour l'ajout d'une source. J'ai corrigé l'usage du qualificatif series ordinal (P1545) (en commençant la numérotation à partir du premier prénom et en mettant le prénom utilisé couramment en rang privilégié). Bonne journée. — Envlh (talk) 14:36, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hello @Karalainza: ! The first template already exist since 2005 here fr:Modèle:Palette Présidents de l'Angola Olivier LPB (talk) 13:12, 6 January 2020 (UTC)
- I meant Azerbaijan, not Angola.
- Is it possible to create and upload these two templates in French Wikipedia?
- There have been few Azerbaijani presidents and prime ministers.