お世話になります、fryed-peach ともうします。Translations:Wikidata:Glossary/23/ja の翻訳ですが、property はそのままプロパティと訳したほうがよくないですか？「属性」だと Wikidata:Glossary に後から出てくる language attribute と訳語が混乱しそうです。また、descriptor は記述子と訳すのはどうでしょう。file descriptor をファイル記述子と訳すこともありますし、describe を「記述する」と訳しているのとも整合しそうです。ご検討よろしくお願いします。--fryed-peach (talk) 07:43, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- descriptor のほうはおっしゃるとおりだと思います。 descriptor 記述子、 indicator 指示子、 identifier 識別子 というかんじでしょうか。property のほうは少し迷います。もっとよい別案がありそうな気もします。Javaのプロパティからの類推で（文字列の）キー・値ペアの集合というイメージをもたれるのを避けられればと思って「属性」としてみたのですが、あまり成功していないかもしれません。 language attribute はウィキデータ上で頻出語ではないので、それほど衝突を気にしなくていいのではと思っています。仮にでも訳するのを優先して、迷ったときはカタカナ語ですすめるという考えもあるとは思います。 --whym (talk) 11:14, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- これなんかでは property を特性と訳していますね。僕は RDF の用語を参考にしているのですが、そこでは RDF 用語と XML 用語を混同しないようにする必要があって、（XML の）attribute と（RDF の）property を細かく訳し分けているようです。--fryed-peach (talk) 12:03, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello Whym, I know translatewiki: are available, but these requestes is specially for wikidata (like MediaWiki talk:Randompage/es, MediaWiki talk:Nstab-main/es, …). Please translate them. Thank you.--Calak (talk) 11:56, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
- Understood, I have done with two of your requests. The other two MediaWiki talk:Nstab-main/ckb MediaWiki talk:Talkpagelinktext/ckb need your clarification. --whym (talk) 15:16, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, please see here: The "View logs for this item" sentence is in English language and the "talk" word too (even in your language Japanese). Please translate them. Thanks--Calak (talk) 18:09, 25 March 2013 (UTC)
Syntax error in MediaWiki:Gadget-AuthorityControl.jsEdit
Japanese Job CodeEdit
Hi Whym, I was wondering if Japan had a Job code system for professions and occupations, and whether you could propose it as a property/send me info about it. Our taskforce is : https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Occupations_and_professions_task_force
- Hi Teolemon, Sounds interesting. I'm no expert on that, but a quick search revealed that Japan's Statistics Japan (Q11606829) has one: , which is very roughly linked to International Standard Classification of Occupations (Q1233766). Interestingly, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (Q1191238) seems to have another . I couldn't find no indication of existing linking to other catalogues from it, though. Unfortunately, there is no quick way for me to convert it to a machine readable list. We could perhaps enlist, in the project page, links to there pages for now? --whym (talk) 15:45, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
Request for feedback on my GSoC'14 proposalEdit
I am planning to work on the project titled "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" this summer under Google Summer of Code. I have drafted a proposal for the same over the past few weeks. This project is going to help the translation adminstrators like you in a great way, as it would completely automate the tedious manual task of preparing a page for translation and then importing the translations into the Translate extension. You can check the proposal page for detailed information on how I plan to accomplish this.
As you would be an end user of this tool, it would be great if you could go through the proposal and provide feedback/suggestions. Your feedback would definitely help me improve the proposal as well help in creating an even better tool. You can do the same on the discussion page of the proposal or reply here, whichever is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!
P.S: I need to submit the proposal to Google by March 19, 2014.
- Succu, could you please explain a bit more about that? Databases seem to indicate that they are synonyms.  Shouldn't synonyms share one Wikidata item? whym (talk) 09:23, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
- IPNI says Physalis ixocarpa is basionym (P566) of Physalis philadelphica subsp. ixocarpa, thats different. Tropicos treats Physalis ixocarpa and Physalis philadelphica as synonyms, The Plant List not. ITIS only knows Physalis philadelphica. NCBI treats them as separate species. "Subjective" synonyms should not share the same item. --Succu (talk) 09:56, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Merge-project requiring language skillsEdit
Even though Wikidata phase 1 (replacing interlanguage by Wikidata) is officially finished, there are still a lot a duplicate items that should be merged. Projects to list possible duplicates (and therefore possibles mergers) have been started by users such as Pasleim with User:Pasleim/projectmerge and Ivan A. Krestinin with User:Ivan A. Krestinin/To merge. Those bot-generated lists do however contain quite some false positives and therefore still need a human eye to decide whether to merge or not.
Since you are an administrator on Wikidata with knowledge of the Japanese language, User:Ivan A. Krestinin/To merge/jawiki might benefit from your help. As said, it lists couples of WD items that might possibly be merged. If you are already involved in these projects or not interested, I am sincerely sorry for bothering you.
invalid GND identifiersEdit
Dear Whym, some of the GND identifiers you added recently were wrong. I found these edits via Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint_violations/P227. One thing these GND identifiers seem to have in common is that they should contain a hyphen/minus-sign at the second-but-last position (a pattern like xxxxxx-x), but that is just a wild guess on my side. Would you be so kind to check what might cause these errors? Are you using some tool? Kind regards -- Make (talk) 07:43, 18 August 2014 (UTC) PS: examples
- Make, thank you for spotting these. Apparently it has to do with what is shown in the corresponding entry on VIAF (which I retrieved the data from). On , if you click the "DNB" logo in the diagram, it shows "DNB-004100727" which is not the GND number, but is inserted by the script I use. The "DNB" link on the left-hand side leads to a correct, existing page. Although I usually check the validity by clicking the link, I sometimes forget to do so. I was using User:Magnus Manske/authority_control.js. whym (talk) 09:55, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
Tagging instance of humans from Japanese WikipediaEdit
Hello Whym, following up on Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Bot/Whymbot, do you plan to add instance of human based on birth category in Japanese Wikipedia ? I have been doing it from autolist for various other languages. My only check against false positives is that it does not already have a P31. If you wish I can do it for Japanese while I am at it. That would be around 3000 items.--Zolo (talk) 08:10, 3 November 2014 (UTC) (there appears to be a poroblem with the permalink, it should be 'wdq: and' not 'wdq: not') --Zolo (talk) 10:00, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Zolo: I have been doing it with a quick manual check to exclude or revert non-individuals, after the bot's edits. My bot also skips items with P31, so there is no need to worry about overlaps and conflicts, if that is the concern. Please don't hesitate, but note that those categories for recent years tend to contain a small number of non-individuals (musical groups and animals in particular). whym (talk) 08:29, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, if you have time to do it, it may be better. I am usually unable to suspect that an item is not about an individual by just looking at the Japanese label and automated checks are not very easy because [:Category:著名な動物]] includes humans and Category:音楽グループ appears to include many articles about individuals. --Zolo (talk) 09:36, 4 November 2014 (UTC)