Welcome to Wikidata, Cwf97!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Giant Bomb ID proposalEdit
type of rear suspensions and front suspension proposalEdit
Thanks for all your contributions but what about notability and self-promotion?Edit
Hi, first of all I'd like to thank you for your good intents in contributing to wikidata. This project needs people like you who help to contribute data. The reason I'm reaching out is because you present yourself as the item you have edited here Christian Frates (Q47691741). Have you read Wikidata:Notability before?
From that I get that the item about Christian Frates must be included in another Wikimedia project? From your item I see no such inclusion in any Wikimedia project. I commend your effort to contribute data but the data must also be within scope of the wikidata project. If somebody in the future deletes some of the stuff you've contributed it might be because it is out of scope for the wikidata project.
If you want you can ask here at the Wikidata:Project_chat if your wikidata items are notable enough to be included in the project. I see the connection to Pete Frates who's "mostly credited" regarding the ice bucket challenge, so I see some sort of connection there(from the English Wikipedia project). Though there is no article about Pete Frates as the reference is mostly about the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Considering from this imdb collection, did you edit that yourself? Anyway consider the notability stuff cause if nobody cares today, somebody might care in the future, and then all your work will have gone in vain.(if you're not notable by then of course!) It might be that the stuff about yourself that you are the first cousin of Pete Frates might not make necessarily you notable. Pete Frates might be notable but that doesn't mean that all family members are also automatically notable. I appreciate that you have added so much detail but keep in mind that a lot of stuff get deleted on Wikimedia projects and I'd just like to give some background so that one day you don't go crazy when suddenly a lot that you've entered into wikidata goes missing. I could be wrong and maybe you are notable and maybe many publications and reliable sources have written about you, though in such a case it could be helpful if you add them yourself so that we in the wikidata community can see them. Thanks and it's also nice to see fellow people with autism/ASD who edit wikidata! I think this project suits us well, with all the attention to detail being useful when editing items. I think I can personally contribute more here than I ever could in Wikipedia.
Now let me cover how I found you. I used the querying service of wikidata to find people with the "medical condition = classic autism" and "occupation = youtuber". I wondered who had edited it, so I looked up the history and I found your user page. I appreciate that you are honest, honesty is a good feature of wikidata contributors(in my opinion). I hope that you continue contributing to wikidata as I personally find your interest good for wikidata. Continue the good work! Btqfshfst (talk) 11:41, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
- TL;DR summary, check out one short section on the Project chat (before it's archived and hard to find), I'm considering to nominate Christian Frates (Q47691741), William Frates (Q56599206), and Nancy Newcomb (Q56599350) for deletion. Or maybe not, professional spam upsets me more than vanity spam. –188.8.131.52 06:33, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
- Again it looks like I overlooked something on wikidata:notability which are point 2. and point 3. and point 2. is actually enough of a notability fulfillment to make Christian Frates valid. Christian Frates is genetically related to Pete Frates. Well, I've made 2 mistakes now. First Harry Potter and now your item but I'm learning ... sorry for any inconvenience Btqfshfst (talk) 21:25, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
When adding qualifiers to properties such as ESRB rating could byou lease place them in the order of rating certificate ID > Platform > Content Descriptor > Named as?--Trade (talk) 19:26, 28 May 2020 (UTC)