Previous discussion was archived aton 2017-11-02.
Welcome to Wikidata, Trade!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi, please see the difference between Department of Justice, Rating, Titles and Qualification (Q1750377), an organisation, and Brazilian Advisory Rating System (Q26323090) the rating system it maintains. As a general rule, we have different items for different entitites/things. – Máté (talk) 06:06, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
Songs and singlesEdit
See Q56085802, Q56085788 and Q1886329 for examples (see also the deletion discussion for B-side (DEPRECATED) (P1432), and Wikidata:WikiProject Music#Overview). There are about a few hundred more of these items, but currently there have been no semi-automatic imports to establish this sort of item structure, and this probably breaks some Wikidata infoboxes. Jc86035 (talk) 18:01, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
video game publishersEdit
Hi, thanks for creating items about video game publishers. But it would be nice to add to these items some sources, identifiers and more corporate properties (at least some basic one like country (P17), headquarters location (P159), industry (P452) and official website (P856).--Jklamo (talk) 07:02, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
Hi! It seems that you have tried to create a property "content descriptor" at Q61519786, but you have created an item instead. Creating a property is slightly more complicated than creating an item: you must propose the property to the community first (see Wikidata:Property proposal). If you need help for that, let me know on my talk page. − Pintoch (talk) 10:06, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Hello, You canceled me after my patrol. While:
- Where does this information come from? This information should have a reference (2232 ?).
- Depending on the site, the number is higher.
- in less than 3 minutes looks like vandalism.
- If the information goes back from this page, the date inserted by the IP is false (and the number too, QED). In addition, the information was valid 3 years ago.
- The rb doesn't need an explanation, so when you Undo, write why.
Your edits on Robin Williams (Q83338)Edit
Hi, could you please revert your recent string of edits to Robin Williams (Q83338)? You have added a suicide method to the cause of death property on that item. Suicide methods are neither a manner of death, nor a cause of death, but rather a suicide method. - 2600:1702:31B0:9CE0:B117:3B68:E7EB:EC39 00:31, 12 April 2019 (UTC)