Welcome to Wikidata, Germartin1!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Hi, your changes to "confession" appear to be incorrect. en:q:Confession is generic, not just related to religion. Would you please revert your edits? :-) --Superchilum(talk to me!) 09:56, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry it seemed to me to be about religion, I reverted the changes. Germartin1 (talk) 10:15, 2 September 2018 (UTC)
type of rear suspensions and front suspension proposalEdit
Stephen Wayne AndersonEdit
Hi, I see that you speak English proficiently and have introduced a new piece of information into the item for Stephen Wayne Anderson, stating that he was a Catholic. Since apparently the respective article was miswritten the first time on the English Wikipedia, could you please introduce this new information into the English Wikipedia? Do you have some reliable source for the information? - 2600:1702:31B0:9CE0:199D:E941:12DC:7F33 02:47, 12 April 2019 (UTC)
New page for cataloguesEdit
Hi, I created a new page for collecting sites that could be added to Mix'n'match and I plan to expand it with the ones that already have scrapers by category. Feel free to expand, use for property creation. Best, --Adam Harangozó (talk) 12:01, 21 October 2019 (UTC)
the reason why I added animal is because of the constraint violation on sex or gender (P21) (I am foolishly trying to get Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint_violations/P21 down to a manageable state). It seems that giant panda (Q33602) is not a subclass of animal (Q729), and that is causing a constraint violation. As you seems to disagree with my edit, what would be the right way ? Looking at Gu Gu (Q5613122), I see that mammal living in captivity (Q57812611) was used, would that be ok ? --Misc (talk) 19:43, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
- Yes it's good to reduce constraint violations, I added the subclass of giant panda, to deal with the constraint. I don't know why many animals don't have this subclass. mammal living in captivity (Q57812611) is fine to add because it adds different useful information, just P31 animal seems redundant. Germartin1 (talk) 19:46, 10 June 2020 (UTC)
I noticed your editing stats in Wikidata, which led me to look up your profile. Thank you for all the great work!
I’m reaching out to you because I’m working on a research project about understanding what motivates editors like you to contribute to Wikidata. We’re also interested in learning about how you feel your contributions are being used outside of Wikidata. Since you are such an active community member, I thought you might also be interested in helping to build the broader community’s knowledge about Wikidata, and why it matters.
If you’re interested, let’s schedule a time to talk over Zoom, or whichever platform you prefer. If you are interested, please fill in a questionnaire or reply directly. The conversation should take about 30 min.
Hope you have a great day,