User talk:Iste Praetor
Welcome to Wikidata, Iste Praetor!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Wikidata:About – About the project.
- Wikidata:Introduction – Another introduction to the project.
- Help:Contents – The main help portal for editing and using the site.
- Wikidata:Project chat – Discussions about the project.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- 1 Ein Keks für dich!
- 2 Wikidata:Requests for deletions
- 3 Your block of 22.214.171.124
- 4 126.96.36.199
- 5 Re:
- 6 IP block lengths and settings
- 7 Letzte Änderung@WD:RFP
- 8 Wikidata admin confirmations
- 9 Danke
- 10 It's me again ;-)
- 11 188.8.131.52
- 12 Translation unit identifier
- 13 Notice of removal of adminship
Ein Keks für dich!Edit
Hello, please don't change the format of Wikidata:Requests for deletions without speaking with me first. Your change broke the bot that archives the page. I've fixed the bot for now, so everything should be okay now. 21:27, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
Your block of 184.108.40.206Edit
Hello. I have now placed a rangeblock on 220.127.116.11/24, so I feel that this block is no longer needed. However, you disabled email and talk-page access, so I will ask you first.--Jasper Deng (talk) 23:07, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello. Once again I have made a rangeblock covering an IP address you blocked, but again I am checking with you before removing your block because your block is harder and lasts longer.--Jasper Deng (talk) 22:45, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- (sorry, but to be clear I mean the above address being covered with 18.104.22.168.0/28).--Jasper Deng (talk) 22:48, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the notification. Please feel free to revert any of my single IP blocks when making a rangeblock, regardless of block length and settings. Regards --Iste (D) 22:48, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Actually they are supposed to start working as soon as abusefilter is better adapted to wikidata, so, for now, it's the same if they are enabled or not, feel free to make your choice, see you! --Vituzzu (talk) 14:35, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
IP block lengths and settingsEdit
I've noticed that you have been blocking spambot IP addresses hard and for durations of 1 year in length, without email or talk page access. Unless I'm missing a good reason for doing that, I would prefer that you only block for 1,3, or 6 months at a time. Many of these IP addresses are dynamic, so 1-year blocks for first offenses are excessive; also, making it a hardblock (unless it's an open proxy) is also not necessary; nor is disabling both email and talk page access. --Jasper Deng (talk) 04:59, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Hi! I understand your concerns about the block durations, so from now I'm going to check whether it's an open proxy before blocking. However, I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to allow sending emails using those IP addresses, as many of them have been blacklisted because of email spam. Regards --Iste (D) 10:59, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- Ich fände es auch in Ordnung, wenn alle Überschriften in Ebene 2 formatiert wären. Auf keinen Fall halte ich es aber für sinnvoll, unterschiedliche Ebenen zu verwenden. Grüße --Iste (D) 16:07, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- Wo gab es denn noch auf Ebene 1 formatierte Überschriften? Ebene 2 sieht bei mir wie gesagt eindeutig besser aus. Mag aber vielleicht auch an meiner Plattform liegen. Grüße, Vogone talk 16:10, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
Wikidata admin confirmationsEdit
Hello. Your temporary adminship on Wikidata is up for confirmation in about 5 days at Wikidata:Administrators/Confirm 2013/8. Although it is not completely required, you should probably create a statement at that page no later than 18 March. Thanks.--Jasper Deng (talk) 05:52, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
It's me again ;-)Edit
Where is the point in changing 6 hours to 7 hours here? It looks quite ugly to me and I fail to see the connection between this change and 31 hours. Pink& explained me, that 31 hours is better than 24 hours, because blocking school IPs is more effective then (they can't make the change on the next day at the same time again). Kind regards, Vogone talk 18:32, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
Hello. This IP address is currently under a 1-year-long block on the English Wikipedia, and I personally would've matched that with my own 1-year (or 6-month) block here as well. Do you agree?--Jasper Deng (talk) 19:45, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
Translation unit identifierEdit
This kind of changes are extremely destructive for the translations. Before continuing, read very well the documentation found here and here. If you have any questions ask at Translators' noticeboard. --β16 - (talk) 21:55, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
Notice of removal of adminshipEdit
I regret to inform you that, in accordance with Wikidata:Administrators#Losing adminship and as a result of your inactivity, administrator rights have been removed from your account. Please see Wikidata:Requests for comment/Defining inactivity for details. Kind regards, Vogone talk 18:20, 1 November 2013 (UTC)