Welcome to Wikidata, LBE!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--™ 13:48, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- 1 Q3120
- 2 Merge to older item please
- 3 https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q1384&diff=66077287&oldid=65842937
- 4 Flooding
- 5 P131 should not be used on events
- 6 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 7 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 8 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 9 Translation request
They do share borders, but they are not the same type of administrative division (French vs. Swiss)
I agree they can be considered as largely equivalent, but this cannot be generalized to all cross-borders relationships. Not all countries have the same number of levels in their hierarchy.
I started a discussion on how to handle this kind of cases on the talk page of Property:P47.
I'll leave Q3120 like that for now.
- There was some discussion about it earlier, see Property_talk:P47#What_administrative_unit_to_choose.3F. -- at 09:02, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
Indeed, but nothing as been settled as far as I can see. It is still pretty much up to everyone to do have a personal strategy, which is bad for a property which applies to so many items, and which easily propagates because of its symetry.
I do think we need to be able to explicitely break the symetry in some cases, so that filling strategies can be more localized.
Merge to older item pleaseEdit
Hi LBE, I had to interchange the destination item for two of your recent merges : the older item was being referenced by other items, and these references had become invalid. You may check such links within Wikidata using the "what links here" tool on the left side of each item. Moreover, there is no way to identify references from outside. In general, when merging is needed, it is less likely that links exist on recent items; if you cannot tell which item has less references, better merge from the larger Q ID (more recent) to the smaller Q ID (older). Double-check Help:Merge :)
Hi LBE, I just noticed that you are making lots of edits at the same time atm. Maybe you would like to request a flood flag at WD:BN or create a bot for that task? This could avoid flooding of the recent changes list. Best regards -- Bene* talk 22:51, 10 December 2013 (UTC)
P131 should not be used on eventsEdit
Hi, located in the administrative territorial entity (P131) should not be used on items about a (sport) event. For the location of an event, use P276. Michiel1972 (talk) 11:19, 28 March 2016 (UTC)