Welcome to Wikidata, Marv1N!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Help with creating missing painters edit
I just wrote a bit of a manual at Wikidata:WikiProject sum of all paintings/Top collections missing creator#How to create to work on lists like https://tools.wmflabs.org/multichill/painters/index.php?collection=Q1744024 . Could use some help with that and you can leave the boring edits for the bot to do. I actually wrote the bot in a way it extracts the artist id on import and matches it with the Web umenia creator ID (P4887) so this edit would have already been enough for that. Clearing out the mix'n'match catalog will probably make a bit difference too. Thanks, Multichill (talk) 20:25, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
Anonymous works in Slovak National Gallery edit
Hi Marv1N, Wikidata:WikiProject sum of all paintings/Collection/Slovak National Gallery seems to have accumulated quite a few anonymous works. Could you have a look at https://petscan.wmflabs.org/?psid=5297704 and add creator (P170):anonymous (Q4233718) to the ones that are anonymous like Crucifixion (Q50661400)? I could try it myself, but with the language barrier it's a lot more of a puzzle for me than it is for you. Thanks, Multichill (talk) 10:46, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
Can you create « Kategorie:Archiv (Aserbaidschan) » in German Wikipedia?
I live in Turkey where Wikipedia is banned and blocked, thus it is unreachable.
- OK, but do we have any Category:Archives in Azerbaijan (Q22029602) in German Wikipedia? Has it purpouse (although it is interesting thema, I have no capacity to populate this category)? --marv1N (talk) 18:52, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
- Here is an official source from the national library that confirms it as an archive repository: http://anl.az/new/en/section/5/20
- I suspect that it was erased, because the administrator did not realise that the national library is also a national archive repository of the country. Perhaps it is not mentioned in the article.
- Can you add this official source from the national library that confirms it as an archive repository and state it in the article so it is not erased again: http://anl.az/new/en/section/5/20
- That will be all.
- Thank you.
Bibliografie dějin edit
- Super! Pak ještě jedna věc: jsem si všiml, že Bibliografie byla omezena jen na instance lidí human (Q5) (což nekoresponduje s poměrně širokým zaměřením Bibliografie - a s tímto širokým pojetím jsem počítal i v rámci návrhu). Na jedné straně se domnívám, že to je omyl, ale radši jsem to vznesl jako dotaz  - rozhodně bych rád slyšel důvody pokud mi něco uniká a takto omezené užití dává smysl. --marv1N (talk) 12:29, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
Nástroj Widar edit
Díky za založení položky (a editace na Wikipedii) k článku nováčka. Zaujal mě podivný anglický popisek (a chybějící český štítek a popisek). Asi to má na svědomí nástroj Widar? Tak jen píšu upozornění. Ať se daří. --Vojtěch Veselý (talk) 11:41, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
- Položka pro Sedláčka byla založena na záznamu katalogu Mix'n'Match pro abART (https://tools.wmflabs.org/mix-n-match/#/entry/74611050 - je to celé pod WiDarem, ale sám tomu kdovíjak dobře nerozumím), což zároveň vyplnilo strojově čitelně data narození a úmrtí (a instanci) - a ano, z původní databáze vytažený popis pro angličtinu :-) [pokud by již bylo vytvořeno tvrzení pro abART, tak by to vyplnilo i to]. Nějaká důležitá data jsem tam pak doplňoval, ale na český štítek jsem úplně zapomněl. --marv1N (talk) 13:24, 30 May 2019 (UTC)
We sent you an e-mail edit
Really sorry for the inconvenience. This is a gentle note to request that you check your email. We sent you a message titled "The Community Insights survey is coming!". If you have questions, email email@example.com.
You can see my explanation here.
Hello Marv1N ,
Please take note of the following important points:
- Wikidata item of this property (P1629) is used only for properties, as specified in its constraints. If you see any of the following symbols , please inquire about the problem. A bold is a big problem. The help pages are also there to understand how Wikidata works.
- When using imported from Wikimedia project (P143), you must have a sitelink in that language, otherwise it doesn't make sense. Your item does not have a sitelink to deWP. We are not going to search all Wikipedia for your information!
- This information must be referenced on Wikipedia. To do the best, take the reference URL and use reference URL (P854) to embed it into Wikidata, so the reference is straightforward.
- Your last reference to csWP is the only one that makes sense.
- Thanks for care: In this very case, I have a problem where some large genealogic reference works (gnealogics.org) confused Jules Armand Louis de Rohan (Q17516320) and Louis Victor Meriadec de Rohan (Q17516277). Only solution is adding some real reference, but that requires creation of some book and article items - I am not keen about it. --marv1N (talk) 13:58, 12 July 2021 (UTC)
Call for participation in a task-based online experiment edit
I hope you are doing well,
I am Kholoud, a researcher at King's College London, and I am working on a project as part of my PhD research, in which I have developed a personalised recommender model that suggests Wikidata items for the editors based on their past edits. I am collaborating on this project with Elena Simperl and Miaojing Shi.
I am inviting you to a task-based study that will ask you to provide your judgments about the relevance of the items suggested by our model based on your previous edits.
Participation is completely voluntary, and your cooperation will enable us to evaluate the accuracy of the recommender system in suggesting relevant items to you. We will analyse the results anonymised, and they will be published in a research venue.
The experiment should take no more than 15 minutes, and it will be held next week.
If you agree to participate in this study, please either contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfA1wfdBfCRlcG3WhDyc-V8lzgPNx3fDFCNXkyn4CSwahXZ_A/viewform?usp=sf_link
Then, I will contact you with the link to start the study.
For more information about my project, please read this post: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Kholoudsaa
In case you have further questions or require more information, don't hesitate to contact me through my mentioned email.
Thank you for considering taking part in this research.