Originally proposed at Wikidata:Property proposal/Authority control
- Support--VisbyStar (talk) 07:46, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- Strong oppose the given formatter URL is to their public test environment. All existing items will also get an new URI that has a lot of benefits therefor there is no need to create a new property (source (in Swedish)). When this new system is live we could just update the existing property. Abbe98 (talk) 09:35, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- Abbe98 (talk • contribs • logs) please call me I feel your comments is very confusing +46-70-5937579 I cant understand your logic. The main reason to store the new identifier in a new field is that it is a new identifier and you will avoid problems with other solutions who use Property P906 so they don't break. Suggesting an one time conversion ==> that you need to coordinate that with other people using Property P906 something not needed if we create a new property.
- My thought is: 1. Create an new property 2. Populate it.... 3. When other solutions like VIAF is also using the new ID upgrade scripts and when we know todays Property P906 is not used maybe delete it
- New system is planned to go live on monday 11 june
- E.g. todays Libris ID is used by VIAF and I guess they will have both the old and new ID...
- We have scripts used today getting eg. LIBRIS ID from VIAF that will be broken if you do an one time conversion and reuse the name for the new content without a lot of coordination
- - Salgo60 (talk) 21:03, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
- To get a second opinion I asked a question at the LIBRIS support forum link what they recommend and if they know what e.g. VIAF will do - Salgo60 (talk) 10:37, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- Comment From a Wikidata perspective, I don't think we should replace P906 with different identifiers. A property for an identifier can be created without a formatter url being available.
--- Jura 11:27, 10 June 2018 (UTC)
- I think tomorrow monday 2018-jun-11 the formatter URL will be https://libris.kb.se/katalogisering/$1 --> August Strindberg (Q7724) → tr574vdc33gk2cc is my understanding...
- Support A new property is needed since the old identifier will still be useful as it is used by many third parties (and will be for some time). It could however get an constraint saying that items with that property should always also have this new property. Sadly there does not seem to be an easy way of looking up the new identifier based on the old one that does not involve downloading large datasets. I'll check with the library later this month to see if there are any planned solutions for this. The formatter URI for RDF resource (P1921) should probably be
https://libris.kb.se/$1(the canonical URI), I haven't checked if it supports content negotiation but e.g. .ttl is reachable under https://libris.kb.se/tr574vdc33gk2cc/data.ttl. The domain in the proposal is likely too narrow as the library will use this identifier for DVDs, editions of works and possibly other concepts such as events. /André Costa (WMSE) (talk) 15:34, 30 July 2018 (UTC)