image of road sign with place name on it
|Description||image of road sign with place name on it|
|Represents||place name sign (Q55498668)|
|Data type||Commons media file|
According to this template: geographic locations
According to this template: images
According to statements in the property:When possible, data should only be stored as statements
|Example||Old Appleton (Q963346) → Old Appleton, Missouri, Road sign.jpg|
Ottersum (Q2189395) → Ottersum (Gennep) entreebord.JPG
Schwiederstorf (Q2257454) → DE-NDS-Schwiederstorf-Ortsschild.JPG
|Robot and gadget jobs||Could be added with http://tools.wmflabs.org/fist/wdfist/|
|Tracking: usage||Category:Pages using Wikidata property P1766 (Q52215606)|
|Proposal discussion||Proposal discussion|
Link to Commons namespace “File”: this property should contain a well-formed link to an existing page on Wikimedia Commons. (Help)List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#Commons link, hourly updated report, SPARQL (new)
Type “geographic location (Q2221906), geographical feature (Q618123)”: element must contain property “instance of (P31)” with classes “geographic location (Q2221906), geographical feature (Q618123)” or their subclasses (defined using subclass of (P279)). (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#type Q2221906, Q618123, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
|Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#scope, hourly updated report, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)|
Format “List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#Format, hourly updated report, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
Conflicts with “instance of (P31): human (Q5)”: this property must not be used with the listed properties and values. (Help)List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#Conflicts with P31, hourly updated report, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
Allowed entity types are Wikibase item (Q29934200): the property may only be used on a certain entity type (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1766#allowed entity types, SPARQL (new)
|This entity (P1766) is used by Wikimedia's setting of Wikidata. Please contact the development team or file a bug on Phabricator before big changes (renaming, deletion, merging, etc.).|
Images can be added with Magnus' Free Image Search Tool.
- Items related to Brazil
CLAIM[17:155] and noclaim
- Places in Brazil
TREE[17,131] and noclaim
- Uncheck "Only items without image (P18)" and then click "Run".
- [wait] The tool takes some time to run in two steps:
- 1. Loading wikidata items and image candidates
- 2. Loading Wikidata titles.
- Images are selected by placing the mouse pointer on an image and selecting "Add as". When the menu appears, select "Add as place name sign".
- Before adding the first image, one needs to log into "Widar".
Enjoy! --- Jura 12:33, 21 March 2015 (UTC)
Why is this property used for images of stations depicting the name of the station? Property should be used for road signs according to the description. Another property for station sign images may be proposed. Michiel1972 (talk) 14:58, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
- I think it would fit as a "place name sign" or a sign with the name of the place on it. --- Jura 07:57, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
As seen in the constraint violations, this property is often used on non-place items, such as for images of street signs named after the (human) subject. This usage contradicts the "represents" and "domain" documentation. Does it make sense to expand the documentation? Or what? Mrwojo (talk) 13:27, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- I've often seen it used this way, and I myself use it this way using WD-Fist.
- A lot of pictures displaying places named after people are used on articles about those persons. If it is not possible to use this property, what property should be used ?
- If this property should not be used this way, it would be important to make it explicit.
- I do not really see a problem in using this property : it is, in fact, a "place name sign", of a place named after the person... :/ --Hsarrazin (talk) 12:59, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
Signs displaying the name of a place where they are not situatedEdit
Can we use this property for signs displaying the name of a place where they are not situated? For example, should File:Saint-François.jpg be stored through this property on Q3462182? In other words, is it OK to document this property with direction signs? Thierry Caro (talk) 02:19, 11 April 2016 (UTC)
What about room names?Edit
Could for example these two images of museum room names added as values?
- for a room in the Rockefeller Museum, Jerusalem
- for Alte Pinakothek, upper floor, gallery IIa (Q29865827)