Welcome to Wikidata, Jetam2!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
As part of the preparation of Slovakia monuments data import, I imported the statement heritage designation (P1435) = Cultural Heritage Monuments of Slovakia (Q960335) based on the category sk:Kategória:Kultúrne pamiatky na Slovensku. We now have 276 monuments, the list can be found here. Most seems to be good but some are strange and I suspect some are wrong. Can you take a look, for instance these 24 items are now marked as monuments but don't have the coordinate (either the coordinate is missing or either it's not a monument, so now some knowing the context should check that).
- @VIGNERON: Thank you. Are you around Wikimania now? Maybe we can sit down.--Jetam2 (talk) 13:44, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- @VIGNERON: Okay, I see what you mean with the weird list. Some of them are written documents. Q15631418 is a list, or, rather a bit of an intro page to the monuments lists. Not having coordinates is also something that happene, unfortunatelly. One of the problems there might be that some of these are actually multiple buildings.--Jetam2 (talk) 14:00, 14 August 2019 (UTC)
- @VIGNERON: Hmmm, yeah, I can see that there is a separate National cultural heritage in Slovak archives (Q13537666) that has the "archival" monuments. These are documents, photographs, maps etc. I do not think we need to worry about this list for WLM--Jetam2 (talk) 14:08, 14 August 2019 (UTC)