Welcome to Wikidata, Dcirovic!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
Bromopropane vs C3H7BrEdit
Hi, can you please explain why Bromopropane Q4973743 (disambiguation page) is different from C3H7Br Q15708733 (also disambiguation page)? Both disambig pages, both refer to the same 2 articles on all wikis and have no potential whatsoever to add a third article. In my opinion, C3H7Br should be a redirect to Bromopropane (or the other way around) on all wikis, and thus be removed here as a separate entry. Thanks, ElfjeTwaalfje (talk) 23:17, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
For merging items, you may want to use the merge.js gadget from help page about merging. It has an option "Request deletion for extra items on RfD" to automatically place a request to delete the emptied page. This way of nominating makes it a lot easier for the admins to process the requests.
Please check your summaries. No need to double Added link to [shwiki]. In this case the best is to not send any summary and let the system to add the summary. --JulesWinnfield-hu (talk) 18:42, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Only the last one is how it should be. Can you do it that way from now on? It is not good if you send null or empty string. You have to send no summary. --JulesWinnfield-hu (talk) 13:32, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Duplicate Italian communes?Edit
Hi Dcirovic, a lot of the Italian communes you imported now show up in this list. Looks like you created new items instead of linking them to existing ones. Can you have a look at merging these? Take for example Romanoro (Q2718812) and Q18441592. Thank you, Multichill (talk) 09:33, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- I will take care of it in the next couple of weeks. --Dcirovic (talk) 14:39, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Dcirovic, please don't hop talk pages. That makes following conversations difficult. I have a watchlist and I use it. Additional if you mention someones username (like user:Dcirovic), that user will get a notification.
- I see you already merged quite a few. Thank you! Multichill (talk) 16:27, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
please mind that in Mexico villages (localidades) and municipalities (municipios) are different entities, with sometimes almost incomparable dimensions regarding area covered, population etc. Therefore two different data sets should be appropriate.
@Sarvathi: I could try to do some of it.