Welcome to Wikidata, PigeonIP!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--™ 12:18, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
|This user is busy in real life (Q1058876) and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
Hallo, die richtige französiche übersetzung von "Taubenrasse" ist "race de pigeon", nicht "race pigeon". Übrigens, kennst du MediaWiki:Gadget-autoEdit.js ? Wenn du die gleiche Beschreibung auf viele Elemente hinfügen willst, ist es viel effizienter. --Zolo (talk) 13:18, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
KLBot2: names and bot changesEdit
It is possible but not a good idea. Many changes in article names are made because the name is incorrect and the wrong name would be moved to another site instead of fixed. There are bots importing redirections in the "also known as" field.--Kizar (talk) 15:18, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Removing "pigeon breed"Edit
Hi PigeonIP, I do not understand this type of change. Being a subclass of any pigeon taxon means that these items are instance of (P31) pigeon breed (Q15623573). What is wrong about that? LaddΩ chat ;) 21:26, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- Hallo Laddo,
- Beeing a subclass of Columba livia domestica (Q204179) should be enough of work? Do we have to overdo?
- pigeon breed (Q15623573) has no article, is not defined. Commonscat "Pigeon breeds" is part of Category:Pigeon breeds (Q8273906). pigeon breed (Q15623573) should be deleted.
- There are very different definitions about beeing "a pigeon breed". There are breed groups on Wikidata with instance of (P31) pigeon breed (Q15623573) as well. That is wrong. There is not one structure pigeon (Q14239520) for example. A "pigeon breed" should not be defined without external reference.
- There are different definitions of "breed" within the breeders organisations as well, and there are special standards. Every pigeon with an EE-number (not 0000, 0100, 0200, 0300, 0400, 0500, 0600, 0700, 0800 these are groups) for example is a breed within the european breeders organisation Entente Européenne d’Aviculture et de Cuniculture (Q1344553) and is a fancy pigeon. The Americans, for example, do define "fancy", "utility" and "sporting" --> and there are Tippler-fancy-pigeons (do look well) and tippler-sporting-pigeons (do fly a loooooong time)...
- And in Europe/Germany a Hybrid, like Labradoodle (Q38229) (dog) or the Lohmann Brown (Q10436300) (chicken) would never be a "breed". --PigeonIP (talk) 17:54, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- Enother example: the Silesian Cropper (Q13407623) is a breed in EE. Some of them are of a type of colouring, the "marking", named "Schalaster" - with white wings-.(--> de-standard, commons:Category:Schalaster marked pigeons). In other breeding organisations/definitions "Schalaster Pouter" is a breed, itself. So: is Schalaster a breed or is it a marking of a breed?
- In Europe it is not a breed. But it is a subclass of fancy pigeon (Q5433715) and a subclass of pouter and cropper (Q5192262). --PigeonIP (talk) 20:21, 24 May 2014 (UTC)
- A pidgeon breed is recognised as being a specific description that a judge at an exhibition will look for when determining the quality of a specimen. At that it is no different from a dog breed, a cat breed etc. Consequently there are external descriptions for them. Being able to classify them in the sense of grouping the breeds does not negate that. Thanks, GerardM (talk) 06:36, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- @GerardM: You do discribe fancy pigeon (Q5433715), only. With your definition sporting pigeons are of no breed! as well as utility pigeons (bread for meat).
- Besides: structure pigeon (Q14239520) is not a pigeon breed. tumbler and highflyers (Q7852566) is not a pigeon breed. homing pigeon (Q14957221) is not a pigeon breed, it is a type of usage. Shall I continue? --PigeonIP (talk) 09:22, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
- @GerardM: Did you even had a look at en:Fancy pigeon? Your question is wrong. According to what are structure pigeon (Q14239520) a breed? Do you even know what structure pigeon (Q14239520) are? Or shall I name you all pigeon authors and breeders clubs (all over the world) I know? --PigeonIP (talk) 11:33, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Pigeon breed parts vs subclassesEdit
Regarding Bokhara Trumpeter (Q7770659) is also an instance of trumpeter (Q7847813), that means that Bokhara Trumpeter (Q7770659) is a subclass of (P279) trumpeter (Q7847813). If trumpeter (Q7847813) is a class, has part (P527) statements imply each instance of the class has the listed components, which doesn't make any sense that I can see. You seem to have also the relevant subclass of (P279) statements, so I'm confused as to what your position is here. --Yair rand (talk) 22:10, 3 January 2016 (UTC): Are you sure these are parts and not subclasses? If every instance of