Welcome to Wikidata, Hugo.arg!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask on Project chat. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
--™ 13:47, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I have reverted your link removal . Perhaps you are interested in en:Wikipedia:Wikidata#Suppression_of_Wikidata_links for local handling of links? Holger1959 (talk) 00:23, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi, Hugo.arg. Thanks for your contributions. When you remove links from an item and add them to anther item, if the removal leaves one item without any link (e.g. your edits on Q5643177 and edits on Q49084), then please consider directly merging the items, not deleting and adding the same links. For how to merge automatically, please see Help:Merge#Automatic merge. Hope that is helpful. Best regards. --Neo-Jay (talk) 02:48, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
WMF projects - translation of Wikidata labels and descriptionsEdit
- lang=bat-smg : ?lang=bat-smg&props=31,218,219,220,506,1406&q=claim – žemaitėška
Hello Hugo.arg! Yesterday was Wikipedias 15th birthday. I want to let you know that the number of d:Wikidata:Database reports/WMF projects there is also the page Wikipedia versions has increased to more then 409. The list contains pages from Wikibook project pages to Wikiversity and Wiktionary project pages. You may be interested in adding Wikidata labels and descriptions in your language. Only a few, maybe five. Please follow also the discussion at d:property talk:P218 and comment there.
Please see also: m:Talk:Facebook pages. I added more property related queries at user:I18n/sandbox#property_Wikimedia_database_name.
Maybe you can translate this and use it somewhere: If this is your first edit at wikidata: First go to Wikipedia_versions?setlang=bat-smg. This will select the interface language for you. Then open the label links you want to translate in a new browser tab for each link. You should see an edit button and you should be able to insert the label in the corresponding field using a click/doubleklick. Same for the description and alias. Save your changes and go to another label link from the main list. Good luck!
Best regards Gangleri also aka I18n (talk) 11:26, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
- I hope, now I tagged all of them correctly. Some untransferred interwiki links confused me. Hugo.arg (talk) 17:34, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
Can you create the article about the prominent economist en:Dani Rodrik in Lithuanian?
Can you also create the article about the prominent actor en:Haluk Bilginer in Lithuanian?
22.214.171.124 10:27, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
Category:Airports in AzerbaijanEdit
Can you translate and upload en:Azerbaijan National Encyclopedia in Lithuanian Wikipedia?
Thank you for the help meging items. No need create pages like Q63197064. Article from hyw-WP shoul be merged with the main article in WD. Articles from hy-WP-in-hyw-language would be deleted soon because they just migrated to hyw-WP. Articles from hy-WP-in-hy-language also shoul be merged with the main article in WD. - Kareyac (talk) 17:18, 17 April 2019 (UTC)
- Could you read Samogitian? :) It says, that the depth of the stream could be ~1,5 meters. Samogitian article is inseparable with Lithuanian. In fact, this separation of item looks like nonsense (similar with story of some fanatic Wikidata pedants trying to separate onion from onion and tomato from tomato): all these articles are about small rivers which is not anyhow measurable entity. Hugo.arg (talk) 12:53, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hello. No, just manually. It would be great if somebody could run a bot (I once had one, but after Wikidata reform was left out off date), as they have interwiki links written at the articles, and then I could check only articles without interwiki (such that I could generally understand their subject). Hugo.arg (talk) 15:19, 20 May 2022 (UTC)
- Hello. Because You changed link from good quality article with proper Turkish name to sort of bot-generated empty page. I don't know, why there are two duplicates on the same subject in Turkish Wikipedia, but in such sittuation, priority should be to better article. Hugo.arg (talk) 20:18, 8 July 2022 (UTC)
- Sorry, didnt notice you replied. More sentence doesnt always means good quality. Beside that; even as you think they are empty, all organisms are being cleared/created/controlled under Yaşam Ağacı project so they might look they have less info but at least not have uncited wrong info or wrong content. So there will be few duplicates to be checked or without wikidata linked articles in the project process since they were wrongly named or connected to wrong taxa or wrong item etc in Turkish Wikipedia. These are under control. Thanks for your concern, have a good day :) Vikiolog (talk) 13:57, 24 July 2022 (UTC)