User talk:Penn Station
Welcome to Wikidata, Penn Station!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familarise yourself with:
- Wikidata:About – About the project.
- Wikidata:Introduction – Another introduction to the project.
- Help:Contents – The main help portal for editing and using the site.
- Wikidata:Project chat – Discussions about the project.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- 1 Main types of items
- 2 Deletions
- 3 Deletions2
- 4 Q4404981
- 5 re: Links are still remaining
- 6 Deletions
- 7 Q11551762
- 8 Deletion
- 9 Barnstar
- 10 Chamaecereus (Q3666049)
- 11 Merge-project requiring language skills
- 12 Michelia sirindhorniae (Q15548466)
- 13 Q16727222
- 14 Merging should result in redirect
- 15 Help needed
- 16 Translation request
Main types of itemsEdit
- Hello. You already merged the contents with Q199132, right? Q14862276 was deleted because it was already merged and empty. If you need a page for another item, please create another one. --Penn Station (talk) 10:08, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
Not sure how it happened, as Hymatismus did not show up in a search, so by accident I created two pages for it. Hymatismus (Q15138623) and Hymatismus (Q15142412). Perhaps you can link the latter to the first. JMK (talk) 05:52, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- Rutelinae also needs a merger. If I should rather report it elsewhere, please tell me. JMK (talk) 21:03, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
re: Links are still remainingEdit
- No problem. I have already handled most of the requests, and now I'll go to the bed. Good night. --Penn Station (talk) 17:07, 13 December 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I saw you merged Q7044115 with lithostratigraphic unit (Q3550897), but didn't move the links (Special:WhatLinksHere/Q7044115). The way to do this is using User:BeneBot*/movelinks.js for links from other items. Links from pages have to be done manually. --Tobias1984 (talk) 10:41, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- I had requested deletion of Q3550897 precisely because Q7044115 was referenced by other items. Now there are a bunch of constraint violations due to broken links. LaddΩ chat ;) 12:21, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hello Tobias1984 and LaddΩ. Thank you for your notice. I deleted the higher Qid item, but it had some links.. I have updated all the links manually from Q7044115 to Q3550897. --Penn Station (talk) 12:34, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
|The Barnstar of Dilligence|
|Thanks for your hard work at RFD! Jianhui67 talk★contribs 12:31, 22 July 2014 (UTC)|
Merge-project requiring language skillsEdit
Even though Wikidata phase 1 (replacing interlanguage by Wikidata) is officially finished, there are still a lot a duplicate items that should be merged. Projects to list possible duplicates (and therefore possibles mergers) have been started by users such as Pasleim with User:Pasleim/projectmerge and Ivan A. Krestinin with User:Ivan A. Krestinin/To merge. Those bot-generated lists do however contain quite some false positives and therefore still need a human eye to decide whether to merge or not.
Since you are an administrator on Wikidata with knowledge of the Japanese language, User:Ivan A. Krestinin/To merge/jawiki might benefit from your help. As said, it lists couples of WD items that might possibly be merged. If you are already involved in these projects or not interested, I am sincerely sorry for bothering you.