Hi. Please stop this bot until it got a bot flag per Wikidata:Requests for permissions/Bot/GPUBot. A couple of test edits usually are required for this, you have been asked for some ("around 50") and Wikidata:Bots even suggest more ("The bot operator should do a test run of between 50 and 250 edits"), but you have done almost 1000 in the last hour alone, and that's more than enough, until someone explicitely demands some more to show some specific things. Thank you for your patience. --YMS (talk) 13:31, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
Incorrect usage of performer (P175)Edit
@GautierPoupeau: Your bot has incorrectly added performer (P175) to a large number of items for fictional characters that have appeared in movies and such. That is not the correct way to add information about which actor played the character in the movie. Instead, cast member (P161) is used on the items for the movies, with character role (P453) being added as a qualifier. Thank you. --Yair rand (talk) 14:32, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- You're right, I misunderstood the property because of the translation in french of its defintion (I changed it). I look to change my mystakes. GautierPoupeau (talk) 19:29, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
I have blocked your bot until it can be fixed. This edit was bad—the image does not exist in Commons.
- I retrieve automatically data from french Dbpedia : if you consult the equivalent of this page in french Dbpedia , you will see this picture associated to this entity. In fact, Dbpedia and Wikipedia aren't synchronized. That's why it seems a mistake but, for the machine, it's not a mistake. I will add in my script a verification of this picture but it's the same thing with lots of another generic pictures. GautierPoupeau (talk) 16:31, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
series of wrong bot editsEdit
- Thank you for the report. I made an error in the number of the property for this serie. I will correct these entities but this error isn't present in the last edit GautierPoupeau (talk) 07:56, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
- After investigations, the problem comes from dutch Dbpedia. For some people, the date of birth and the date of death are the same. I found all entities with this problem and I'm going to correct them GautierPoupeau (talk) 09:29, 1 February 2014 (UTC)
- This is probably the same problem: I have noticed a lot of historical battles having an end date (P582) and not a start date. I have seen a few instances (for example from GPUBot's run March 1st) where GPUBot has added such an end date (for example Q48314, Q2888540, Q579971). Instead, it is quite clear that events (like battles) lasting only one day should use the point in time (P585) instead. Whereas if the events last several days, start date and end date should be used. I have corrected a few of these items manually, but could you please correct all the cases where the bot has added only an end date? Thank you! Fred Johansen (talk) 18:32, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
The bot added to "Daniele Vitali, born in Bologna, linguist and translator" the BnF identifier of "Daniele Vitali, born in Bologna, archaeologist": http://catalogue.bnf.fr/servlet/RechercheEquation;jsessionid=68CB0972DE3AF5A78BA88763A3C6075A?TexteCollection=HGARSTUVWXYZ1DIECBMJNQLOKP&TexteTypeDoc=DESNFPIBTMCJOV&Equation=IDP%3Dcb120844187&FormatAffichage=0&host=catalogue
Or, better, an BnF identifier with the books of the archaeologist Vitali, and the date of birth of the linguist Vitali.
The linguist is this one: https://viaf.org/viaf/103900214/
the archaeologist this one: https://viaf.org/viaf/100179486/
- Because this bot (GPUBot is a bot, an automatic script...) uses data in dbpedia to feed Wikidata and dbpedia retrieves the first image in the page to illustrate the entity. When the bot got data in dbpedia, it tooks the erroneous image because the script didn't check the image. This problem was already mentionned (cf below) that's why I stop to import the image from dbpedia with this bot.
Hi, your bot added "P_vip.svg" as an image to a lot of people, like here. It's obviously a "placeholder" image. I am manually removing them now, but please be more careful. In general, automatically adding images by bot is not a good idea; I wrote a tool to do that with manual oversight, because it simply is too tricky, even when extracting from templates. --Magnus Manske (talk) 17:22, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Birth date in the future?Edit
Confusion date de naissance/date de décèsEdit
Pour information, il y eu une confusion dans cette modification.
Football player a member of... herself?Edit
Hi, I think your bot got a bit confused there: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q437866&diff=137192796&oldid=100803692 --Headlocker (talk) 15:19, 9 June 2014 (UTC)
Flag images on biografy pagesEdit
Presidencies and premierships mistaken as humansEdit
Incorrect date of birthEdit
For your info: This happened in Feb 2014, so your bot may have been fixed by now although the data was not corrected. This edit  added a date of birth of May 13, 1962 sourced from enwiki Donna Richardson. The Wikipedia article had a date of May 13, 1957 at the time of your edit. In fact, the article has always said 1957, i have no idea where the Bot picked up 1962? Periglio (talk) 23:29, 24 January 2015 (UTC)