blank geographic map image suitable for overlaying coordinate points, as defined at c:Category:Location maps
|Data type||Commons media file|
|Template parameter||Template:Location map (Q5625881)|
|Domain||place (note: this should be moved to the property statements)|
According to this template: maps
According to statements in the property:When possible, data should only be stored as statements
According to this template: Alabama (Q173)=>File:USA Alabama location map.svg (northwest coordinate=35.2N, 88.7W; southeast coordinate=29.9N, 84.7W);
|Robot and gadget jobs||DeltaBot does the following jobs:|
|Tracking: usage||Category:Pages using Wikidata property P1943 (Q98131261)|
|See also||relief location map (P1944), locator map image (P242), detail map (P1621)|
|Lists||Most frequent values
|Proposal discussion||Proposal discussion|
Link to Commons namespace “File”: this property should contain a well-formed link to an existing page on Wikimedia Commons. (Help)List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1943#Commons link, hourly updated report, SPARQL (new)
Format “Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1943#Format, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
|Database reports/Constraint violations/P1943#scope, hourly updated report, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)|
Distinct values: this property likely contains a value that is different from all other items. (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P1943#Unique value, SPARQL (every item), SPARQL (by value), SPARQL (new)
|This entity (P1943) is used by Wikimedia's setting of Wikidata. Please contact the development team or file a bug on Phabricator before big changes (renaming, deletion, merging, etc.).|
What is this for?Edit
@GZWDer, Filceolaire, Pasleim, MSGJ: I don't see any explanation in the archived property request above, so could someone explain what this property is intended for, how it differs from locator map image (P242) and why commons:File:Southwark_areas.png isn't an appropriate usage of it? - Nikki (talk) 16:45, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
- I was not aware of locator map image (P242) and am not sure whether we need both. I've put the respective images for United States of America (Q30) on the right. If there is a need for the different types, perhaps qualifiers should be used instead of a new property? MSGJ (talk) 08:06, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
- No answer from anyone else ... shall we take this to WD:PFD? MSGJ (talk) 08:32, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
- Locator map locates the location in its surroudings. Location map maps the details of the location.
- That makes two sentences with five locat. ;) --- Jura 08:38, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
It would be much more useful a property with Item datatype which points to the template to be used. This even could be used in infoboxes. The image filename alone is useless. --JulesWinnfield-hu (talk) 21:13, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
While most values occur only once, there are more than 18,000 uses of the above. Should we add a distinct value constraint and remove the above from items other than Gujarat (Q1061) ?
- @Jura1: I will remove this from all items except Gujarat shortly. Mahir256 (talk) 23:30, 28 July 2019 (UTC)