Welcome to Wikidata, DavidMar86hdf!
Wikidata is a free knowledge base that you can edit! It can be read and edited by humans and machines alike and you can go to any item page now and add to this ever-growing database!
Need some help getting started? Here are some pages you can familiarize yourself with:
- Introduction – An introduction to the project.
- Wikidata tours – Interactive tutorials to show you how Wikidata works.
- Community portal – The portal for community members.
- User options – including the 'Babel' extension, to set your language preferences.
- Contents – The main help page for editing and using the site.
- Project chat – Discussions about the project.
- Tools – A collection of user-developed tools to allow for easier completion of some tasks.
Please remember to sign your messages on talk pages by typing four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically insert your username and the date.
If you have any questions, please ask me on my talk page. If you want to try out editing, you can use the sandbox to try. Once again, welcome, and I hope you quickly feel comfortable here, and become an active editor for Wikidata.
- 1 instance of / part of / subclass of
- 2 Parenthèses
- 3 Q10868897 and Q706622
- 4 What do you mean with P580
- 5 use quick statements tool
- 6 quantity subclass of auxiliary unit
- 7 medical sign: should change subclass of symptom to subclass of physiological condition
- 8 Duplicates
- 9 Battista Sforza Battista Sforza (Q810972)
- 10 Parliament Q35749 = P31:Q167037?
- 11 History of Parliament
- 12 Requests for deletion
- 13 topic's main category (P910)
- 14 P1080 and P1441
- 15 Merging
- 16 David Burke is neither a first name nor a family name
- 17 No need to clean statements before deleting
- 18 Merge
- 19 All linked articles have been deleted
- 20 Wrong mergers
- 21 Disambiguation page
- 22 Deutsch
- 23 Books
- 24 Invitation to Wikidata user study
- 25 Locator maps in Thailand
- 26 NLID
- 27 Q564473
- 28 Mix'n'match
- 29 Monuments historiques en double
- 30 P463 and P611 = Q36380
- 31 粉 (Q2398854)
- 32 Q4245940 - incorrect image was added
- 33 Adding four different wrong id's
- 34 Wappen
- 35 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 36 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 37 GTAA on Wikidata
- 38 entity item circular subclass hierarchy
- 39 Prefered image
- 40 John Murray, 1st Earl of Annandale
- 41 Strange old statements on Q734290
- 42 Image of wrong species
- 43 Community Insights Survey
- 44 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
- 45 RfD Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q12892476
- 46 town marshal
instance of / part of / subclass ofEdit
Hi! https://www.wikidata.org/?diff=119842997&oldid=113455210#top makes no sense. gangLeri לערי ריינהארט (talk) 14:44, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
Thank you your hint. What I wanted to express is that a CEO needs business economics to run the company properly. Is there a subtitle property for that?
- I think one should not overload items. One link from Talk:Q8134 (talk economics (Q8134)) is
- talk social science (Q34749) has
- talk medicine: (Q11190) has
- talk physician (Q39631) has
- I added many of the displayed items; I moved them from the imaginary part of Wikidata (WDi) to its real part ;-)
- and I made many many errors so far. Regards gangLeri לערי ריינהארט (talk) 13:44, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
J'ai vu que vous ajoutiez des parenthèses d'homonymie aux libellés de nombreuses entités (par exemple ici. Attention, c'est le contraire qu'il faut faire : retirer lesdites parenthèses quand elles sont présentes dans le label (qui ne doit contenir que le nom de l'entité) et utiliser le champ description pour identifier précisément sur quoi elle porte. -Ash Crow (talk) 16:42, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Merci pour vos commentaires!--DavidMar86hdf (talk) 16:47, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Q10868897 (de:Willenserklärung et al.) refers to a specific concept in European civil law and may be translated as "expression of will" or "declaration of intent". It is quite different from Q706622 (en:Intention et al.), which refers a very different concept. Please don't merge them. Thanks. --Neo-Jay (talk) 17:03, 14 September 2014 (UTC)
What do you mean with P580Edit
For example , what do you mean with start time (P580)? begin date of what? Normally P580 should be used as qualifier to indicate the start date of something defined. For creation date, rather use inception (P571) or service entry (P729). Michiel1972 (talk) 15:25, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for that information. Is there a specific P that the start of existence for Buildings (Churches e. g.)
use quick statements toolEdit
DavidMar86hdf, I want to ask you how do you use this tool to change a claim "Data type Quantity". I wrote:
Q4115189 P1162 100, but it doesn't work. Thanks.--Matlab1985 (talk) 21:17, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
I do not use the tool you mentioned. (Or I am not aware of it) I am sorry, I can not help
I used no tool. I used the web-interface were you access the item (https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4115189).
quantity subclass of auxiliary unitEdit
medical sign: should change subclass of symptom to subclass of physiological conditionEdit
Hello. Please see the discussion page for clinical sign (Q1441305) about removing subclass of symptom and adding subclass of physiological condition. Thank you. Jefft0 (talk) 09:51, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for marking duplicated items, but when both items can be merged it is much better than adding "instance of Wikimedia duplicated page (Q17362920)". Q17362920 is only for the case when there are sitelinks to the same Wikipedia in two languages so that we cannot merge items. -15:23, 11 November 2014 (UTC)~
Battista Sforza Battista Sforza (Q810972)Edit
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q810972&diff=145663827&oldid=140520891 Wie ist das passiert?--Oursana (talk) 20:15, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
danke für den Hinweis. Wie "das" passieren konnte weiß ich nicht. Wahrscheinlich hab ich mich bei Wikidata - the Game (in der Sektion Berufe) schlicht verklickt. Wenn man das ne Weile macht, dann schleicht sich Routine ein. Man wird dann manchmal etwas unvorsichtig und nimmt den Beruf den einem die Software anbietet.
Parliament Q35749 = P31:Q167037?Edit
Hello DavidMar86hdf. Sorry for my bad google english. Why do you set for Parliament Q35749 - P31:Q167037 - Corporation?
thank you for comment. I think, here we have a Problem of Translation. The Item you mentioned has the german Item-Title "Körperschaft" Körperschaft has a broad meaning. I am not a Lawyer, so can not explain its exact definition. In Germany we have some kinds of "Körperschaft" which are not comparable with Corporation in its classical definition. Corporation is more connected to business. Körperschaft can also include entities state actors, For example, our municipalities or cities (or other actors of separation of powers: Courts,government organizations or parliamentary organizations)
As I said, I am not a Lawyer but that was my thinking behind it.
History of ParliamentEdit
Noticed this edit and thought you might like to know that we've set up History of Parliament ID (P1614) for this resource - I've switched this item to use it but you might find it useful for any others! Andrew Gray (talk) 19:23, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
Requests for deletionEdit
Hi, I notice you always remove everything from an item before proposing it for deletion. Items don't need to be blanked before they can be deleted (as far as I'm aware!), so you shouldn't need to do that, it's just more work for you. It also makes it harder to check (for me at least) whether it should be deleted or not (often they can be merged, sometimes they can/should be linked from other items) because you have to dig around in the history to see what data was there originally and if we do think it is notable, or that it can be merged and had some information we wanted to keep, the edits have to be undone first. I think it would be better for everyone to just propose the items as they are. :) - Nikki (talk) 21:04, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
- Could you please stop adding the link to the history to your nomination reason. The link to the article in the DR already contains a link to the history and it breaks the setting of the deletion reason when an admin clicks the link "delete". Mbch331 (talk) 14:22, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
Sorry for that, I only wanted to help. Thank you for comment.
- I noticed you were using "no link to Wikipedia" as a reason to delete an item. This can never be a valid reason to delete an item. Items without a link to Wikipedia can still be notable. In this case there was no information to show the notability and the linked article was deleted. There were no incoming links, so it wasn't notable. Please use a better description in the future. Mbch331 (talk) 16:25, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi again :) I think you've misunderstood what topic's main category (P910) is for (the wording is confusing (in English at least) so I can see why). It's not designed for linking to the category that the item belongs to (that is already implied by instance of (P31) and subclass of (P279)), it's for linking to the category which has the same meaning (it's the inverse of category's main topic (P301), so if X has topic's main category (P910) Y, then Y should have category's main topic (P301) X).
For example on Bellamy Bach (Q4883450), you had added topic's main category (P910) Category:Collective pseudonyms (Q6510810) which I removed, because that statement belongs on collective pseudonym (Q16017119). If there were an item for a Bellamy Bach category (probably called "Category:Bellamy Bach"), then that would be the right thing to link using topic's main category (P910).
Thank you for that comment.
P1080 and P1441Edit
Please, do not add P:1080 with works like in this. from fictional universe (P1080) should be used with fictional universes (see the constraints and the talk page). It's present in work (P1441) that should be used for indicate in which work the item appears. I corrected it but I would appreciate if you are more careful next time. Both P1080 and P1441 have 0 constraints violations in value now and I hope it can remain so. Many thanks! --Harmonia Amanda (talk) 18:15, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
David Burke is neither a first name nor a family nameEdit
"David Burke" is the full name a several persons, not a first name, nor a family name. The same goes for a series of other items you add this recently. --- Jura 05:31, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your advice.
I know what you said. But sometimes it is difficult to get the right thing. And sometimes I click on the wrong button (by mistake in the wikidata game). I will pay as much attention as possible to avoid what you mentioned.
- You can find and fix them with Special:RecentChangesLinked/User:Jura1/first_names/items_(P31:_not_ok). I had corrected your edits from the 17/18th. --- Jura 09:16, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
No need to clean statements before deletingEdit
Hi, why did you remove the sitelink here instead of just merging? The article yo:Paul Allen is now not connected, instead of being part of Paul G. Allen (Q162005). (Don't worry, I'll fix it, I'm just wondering why.) Jon Harald Søby (talk) 20:04, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
Do you ever check the history of an item before nominating items with the reason All linked articles have been deleted? If so the text Removed link to [[xxwiki]] doesn't mean an article was deleted. It only means that a user removed the sitelink. This is something that often happens with bad merges. They don't merge, but remove the link and add it to another item. In those cases it's a question of finding out where the link was added and merge those items. If User:Hoo Bot removes a sitelink, then you can be certain the article was deleted, but only in that case. If you actually check what happend to the link and perform the merge yourself, that would safe us time for doing other things that actually are more useful. Mbch331 (talk) 21:02, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for your comment and your information. Now I know better to deal with the matter.
Thank you for your comment.
I try my best to avoid wrong merges (I play the "merge-game" from the distributed games series). I think the game offers enough information to make the right decisions. If it does not, I can not play
- I have sometimes played that merge game. It is not always easy to know for sure that two items should be merged. It can be especially tricky for location/administrative units, where things are often more complex than first meets the eye. Checking properties like foundation date or external identifiers is often a good idea too. For instance, following ISSN links, you can see clearly that Moyen Age (Q15765775) and Q15766195 are not the same (different dates, different publishing location). Given that wrong merges are often hard to spot, and can create real issues, it sounds reasonable to use the "not sure" option generously. --Zolo (talk) 18:23, 24 January 2016 (UTC)
I use the "not sure" option mostly in the game. May it is a good idea that the identifiers are displayed on the game ( in the trad. Wikidata game this is the case I think)
- Ok but it seems that you still need to be more careful with your matchings. I went through all of your PSS-archi ID (P1838) mix'n'match edts, as I found out that there was an error rate of something like 20 or 30%. Better do less of them, but carefully enough that it does not need to be done twice. --Zolo (talk) 09:00, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
- This merge is also wrong: https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q3988497&diff=287087104&oldid=168926198. One is an album by James, one by Hooverphonic. M!dgard (talk) 10:18, 25 January 2019 (UTC)
- Danke für den Hinweis.
Das ist wirklich interessant! Da ist man einmal unaufmerksam, schon wird einem das um die Ohren gehauen. Ich werde für "absolute" Regelkonformität weder bezahlt, noch macht sich das gut im Lebenslauf. Ich versuche, hier nach besten Wissen und Gewissen zu agieren. Gut, das du mir meine Fehlbarkeit aufzeigst. Eine Leerstelle zu viel ist wirklich ein Regelbruch, der konsequent bis in die letzte Ecke verfolgt werden muss. Wikidata wird nur dann (und nur dann) Erfolg haben, wenn die Mitarbeiter konsequent, konzentriert und kompromisslos, regelkonform ihre Arbeit machen! Wenn Leute schon ihre Freizeit hier investieren, dann kann man Konsequenz, Konzentration und Regelkonformität voraussetzen. Ich bin froh, das du mich auf mein Fehlverhalten hinweist und freue mich wenn du mir auch in Zukunft meine Unachtsamkeit aufzeigst! Ist schließlich eine ernsthafte Sache hier!
Danke für dein Engagement!
- Richtig – es geht um Leben und Tod! Es leben die nitpicking (Q256966)!--Kopiersperre (talk) 11:35, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Gut, das du bei deinem Engagement den feinen Sinn für Ironie nicht verloren hast. Das gilt schließlich nicht für Jeden. Ich habe mich an "Dann halte dich bitte dran" wohl etwas verschluckt. Daher der Kommentar. Wenn man hier doch einiges an Zeit investiert und man mit eher harmlosen "Regelverstößen" konfrontiert wird (die nicht bewusst macht), dann überinterpretiert man manche Formulierungen.
Just saw you added some statements to The analytic tradition: meaning, thought and knowledge (Q24051810) : the item is supposed to be a book. However, it is not ... That is incompatible with th en:FRBR model, in which a book is a phisical object. There is many many book for one printed work (usually). 12:46, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Wikidata user studyEdit
I am a researcher of the Web and Internet Science group of the University of Southampton.
Together with a group of other researchers from the same University, we are currently conducting a research aiming to discover how newcomers become full participants into the Wikidata community. We are interested in understanding how the usage of tools, the relationships with the community, and the knowledge and application of policy norms change from users' first approach to Wikidata to their full integration as fully active participants.
This study will take place as an interview, either by videotelephony, e.g. Skype, phone, or e-mail, according to the preference of the interviewees. The time required to answer all the questions will likely be about an hour. Further information can be found on the Research Project Page Becoming Wikidatians: evolution of participation in a collaborative structured knowledge base.
Any data collected will be treated in the strictest confidentiality, no personal information will be processed for the purpose of the research. The study, which has submission number 20117, has received ethical approval following the University of Southampton guidelines.
We aim at gathering about 20 participants, chosen among experienced Wikidata users who authored a large number of contributions.
Should you be interested in taking part or wish to receive further information, you can contact us by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much, your help will be much appreciated!
--Alessandro Piscopo (talk) 08:49, 26 May 2016 (UTC)
Locator maps in ThailandEdit
Ich weiß nicht warum das Distributed Game dir die vorschlägt, aber du fügst immer wieder Locator-Maps zu thailändischen Kreisen hinzu, die bereits eine solche Karte haben. Alle Amphoe haben schon die schönere neuere genauere SVG-Karte, du fügst dann immer die alten PNG-Karten hinzu. Vor allem da die Karten eigentlich genau den gleichen Inhalt haben macht es IMHO keinen Sinn beide hier zu verlinken. Ahoerstemeier (talk) 13:08, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
Danke für den Hinweis. Woher soll ich als Nutzer wissen, welches Bild bereits vorhanden ist und welches nicht? Die Software schlägt mir immer genau diese Lagekarten vor. Es keine anderen. Bei einigen schweizer Gemeinden bekomme ich mehrere Lagekarten präsentiert. In der Regel wird aber nur eine vorgeschlagen.
Hi, there is some problem with National Library of Israel identifier (P949) causing hundreds of entries being added to single item (see William Shakespeare (Q692)). I already reported the problem at property talkpage, but there is no feedback. Please do not add new claims until the problem is resolved. And of course feel free to help solve the problem. Thanks. --Jklamo (talk) 14:55, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
Please note that I have reverted the claim you added, because it is the wrong species. thanks
Monuments historiques en doubleEdit
Je viens de fusionner Q22965030 et Q29015190 qui (sauf erreur) concerne le même bâtiment. Da manière, et sauf quelques rares exceptions, tout les monuments historiques français existent déjà dans Wikidata, il est donc inutile de les re-créer.
P463 and P611 = Q36380Edit
Je vois que tu as ajouté :
mais il y a aussi :
Il me semble que cela fait doublon et que le second est plus approprié. Qu'en penses-tu ?
Adding four different wrong id'sEdit
- On Portrait of a man (Q3399395) you added more wrong id's.
- You keep messing up links, you don't respond on your talk page. Maybe I should just block you for disruptive editing? Does that get your attention? Multichill (talk) 20:18, 20 December 2017 (UTC)
Guten Abend, das doppelte Einfügen der Wappen führt zu Rotlinks in den Artikeln der Wikipedia. Daher musste ich Edits von dir zurück setzen. Bitte künftig darauf achten. --2003:DE:715:8643:A91F:562:694C:BA97 21:25, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- gleiches Verhalten nix gelernt. --2003:DE:715:860A:90A1:861C:B689:ABEF 16:57, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
GTAA on WikidataEdit
You receive this message because you previously matched persons from the GTAA (the Thesaurus for Audiovisual Archives) with items on Wikidata. We would like to inform you about some improvements that we have made to that catalogue on Mix’n’Match. We have improved the automatic links and added additional information from our catalogue (what we’ve called ‘extracted terms’) to the terms. We hope that this makes matching the thesaurus with Wikidata that much more fun and easier. Read more about this project here or in Dutch WikiProject Dutch Media History nl here. Best! 85jesse (talk) 08:03, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
entity item circular subclass hierarchyEdit
Your edit has caused a circular subclass hierarchy for entity (Q35120). See Wikidata:WikiProject Ontology/Problems/5th-order subclass of self. --Bamyers99 (talk) 19:51, 7 September 2018 (UTC)
John Murray, 1st Earl of AnnandaleEdit
Not sure why you added 'unknown value' to the Country of Citizenship for John Murray, 1st Earl of Annandale (Q18527375) diff. He's clearly born in Scotland of Scottish parents & hence would have been a citizen of the Kingdom of Scotland. Per his en.wiki article, he was naturalised as an English citizen in 1610. Unless values are indubitably unknown, it tends to be better not to add 'unknown value'. --Tagishsimon (talk) 16:37, 12 June 2019 (UTC)
Strange old statements on Q734290Edit
Could you take a look at Asouade (Q734290), more specifically at the values of stated in (P248). The whole thing seems a bit wrong (probably because back in 2014 things weren't as clear as today) and I'm not sure exactly how to fix it.
PS: same for Acino (Q341454)
Image of wrong speciesEdit
- I've replaced it with an image of the correct species. Kaldari (talk) 19:54, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- I figured out the problem and reported it here: https://bitbucket.org/magnusmanske/wikidata-game/issues/230/distributed-game-for-taxons-is-causing. Kaldari (talk) 20:14, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 17:38, 10 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:54, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Please have a look at this RfD: Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Q12892476. I am asking you because of this edit from you. If this is the creolic name for english seam this should be added to Q2250050. -- Xorx (talk) 10:55, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- Are you sure, you refer to the right person?
Salut David. Cette fonction actuellement dédiée au Texas semble correspondre à celle occupée par Newton Earp à Garden City (Kansas). Penses-tu qu'on puisse modifier la description et élargir son application aux États-Unis ? Genium. 22:45, Nov 30, 2019 (UTC+02:00)