identifier for authority control used at the National Library of Israel
|Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#Format, hourly updated report, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)|
Single value: this property generally contains a single value. (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#Single value, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
Distinct values: this property likely contains a value that is different from all other items. (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#Unique value, SPARQL (every item), SPARQL (by value), SPARQL (new)
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#Item P31, search, SPARQL, SPARQL (new)
Allowed entity types are Wikibase item (Q29934200): the property may only be used on a certain entity type (Help)Exceptions are possible as rare values may exist.
List of this constraint violations: Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#allowed entity types, SPARQL (new)
NLI may refer to:
AuthorityControl.js and Property constraint issues - NLI (Israel) identifierEdit
See User talk:Tpt#MediaWiki:Gadget-AuthorityControl.js and Property constraint issues. לערי ריינהארט (talk) 06:56, 15 October 2013 (UTC)
- Wikidata:Database_reports/Constraint violations/P949 lists as "Single value" violations:
- Abraham Sutzkever (Q330652) : 000128535, 000182462
This is ok as the VIAF record lists three NLI lines with two different values.
- Abraham Sutzkever (Q330652) : 000128535, 000182462
- לערי ריינהארט (talk) 07:17, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Database reports/Constraint violations do not update at NLI (Israel) identifierEdit
The statistics do not update properly.
Today at Database reports/Constraint violations/P949#top you may see:
- Data time stamp: 15 October 2013 7:07 UTC — Items processed: 179
Sys. no.: 000097444 Personal Names: Mickiewicz, Adam,1798-1855
database system no. seems to be unstable. I've checked Mickiewicz today:
Sys. no.: 000097524 Personal Names: Mickiewicz, Adam,1798-1855
- I've started a thread @ Project chat. --Kolja21 (talk) 22:50, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
- No answer @ Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2014/05#National Library of Israel. --Kolja21 (talk) 20:53, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
Sys. no. (= MARC, field 001): 000097572 Personal Names: Mickiewicz, Adam,1798-1855 MARC, field 0167: 000093130
VIAF:64009368: NLI 000093130
- If the property is unstable, maybe you should simply ask for is deletion Wikidata:Properties for deletion. --Fralambert (talk) 04:22, 27 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Fralambert: MARC, field 0167 (= the number shown in VIAF) is stable. --Kolja21 (talk) 03:44, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
- Has anybody contacted the NLI? Jonathan Groß (talk) 15:25, 23 February 2015 (UTC)
I just sent this mail via contact form to the NLI:
|Dear Sir / Madam,
I'm writing to you on behalf of the Wikidata project (which is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation), a sister project of Wikipedia. Wikidata, as its name hints, collects data on various subjects.
One of many tasks of this project is the collection of Authority Control Data on persons. We aspire to link every Wikidata Item concerning a person with this person's corresponding identifier (number) in National Library Catalogues.
For this we need stable identifiers. The NLI identifiers linked in the VIAF (Virtual International Authority File) don't seem to be stable.
Would you be so kind as to tell me: 1) what kind of stable identifier you use for persons in your library database and 2) how we can access those identifiers most easily.
On thing you would gain from this exchange of resources is the possibility to use Wikidata to enhance you catalogue records. For example, you can add links to Wikipedia articles on authors.
Best regards, Jonathan Gross
- I just sent him a message , let's see how he responds. Jonathan Groß (talk) 10:09, 10 May 2015 (UTC)
- It seems he has reduced his activity since March and didn't edit after April 13th. Bad timing on my part. Jonathan Groß (talk) 06:30, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
- I just sent him an e-mail, let's see if he responds. Jonathan Groß (talk) 14:09, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Today he put me in touch with the NLI, and they responded on the spot. Let's see how this goes. Jonathan Groß (talk) 11:13, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
Why a dozen identifiers?Edit
Why are there a dozen identifiers for Abraham Lincoln (Q91), isn't the concept supposed to be about having a single identifier? Are they identifying mentions in works? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) (talk • contribs) at 19:49, 8 August 2016 (UTC).
- I don't see it as a problem if an item has several identifiers or even a dozen of it, but here it seems that each get several and some even more than 50 (max: 313). This means that we are unlikely to have a reasonable coverage even for items that have an identifier. I suggest we stop additions through Mix'n'match.
--- Jura 10:42, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
External identifier for an archive found in the Information Center for Israeli ArtEdit
We have External identifier (P1736) for Information Center for Israeli Art artist ID. It looks that External identifier for an "archive found in the Information Center for Israeli Art" doesn't exist yet.
IL-TAU-ZIFFER - An example for Ziffer House Archive: Documentation and Research Center of Israeli Visual Arts (Q57535814) identifier format in the Information Center for Israeli Art
This identifier has been dropped from VIAFEdit
See here: he:ויקיפדיה:דלפק_היעץ_של_הספרייה_הלאומית#מזהה_הספרייה_הלאומית_-_J9U. For those who cannot read hebrew this a rough translation of one answer: "Due to changes in National Library systems we had to reload our identity file to VIAF. During the transition period there will be 2 sources of National Library IDs - NLI (old) and J9U (new). Later NLI will be deleted and only J9U will remain." The old identifier has been pulled from the database now and only the new J9U remains. To avoid what has happened with NLP ID (unique) (P1695) vs. PLWABN ID (P7293) (users adding new data to old identifier) I suggest that a new property should be created soon. --Sotho Tal Ker (talk) 23:45, 19 April 2020 (UTC)